EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-general-9/)
-   -   Phenolic Spacers (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-general/145195-phenolic-spacers.html)

Boeturbolancer Jun 21, 2005 05:49 PM

Phenolic Spacers

Been seeing a lot of Phenolic Spacers poping up... ebay, other vendors on this site, as well as on countless other sites.

Is this something you guys are really interested in. I'm thinking about making some for the lancer/ralliart/etc...

Let me know how you guys feel about them...

akasirlancerlot Jun 21, 2005 05:51 PM

answer to what they do

Phenolic spacers go between the intake manifold and the head to insulate the intake manifold from the heat produced at the head. This in turn will lower your intake temperatures about 20-30 degrees F and in turn increase power.

Boeturbolancer Jun 21, 2005 05:51 PM

Please give me details as well... like why you say no or why you're not interested in them.

Thanks,
Boe

Red Dragon Jun 21, 2005 05:52 PM

Yes, because we need sooo many more hp!!!!

Kid Lancer 7 Jun 21, 2005 05:54 PM

hey boe this is the 1st time im hearing about these.. what are they and what do they do... (even an evoM vet doesnt know lol)

Kid Lancer 7 Jun 21, 2005 05:55 PM

my google search leads me to believe it has something to do with intakes/ airflow?

Boeturbolancer Jun 21, 2005 06:27 PM

basically the phenolic material is resistant to "heat soak"... thus the heat from the engine is held in the engine keeping the intake manifold cooler. They can be used on the TB as well to increase the effect. The cooler the air in the denser it is... more fuel... more power.

These especially help with throttle response as well as mid/high range. There are no negatives to them that i've ever heard of. Well... the install process but hey you gotta install them to work right? :lol:

ambystom01 Jun 21, 2005 06:33 PM

I'd be interested, was considering the RPW ones but the freight charges are almost as much as the damn spacers.

bobaab Jun 21, 2005 06:35 PM

how much? and who wants to install them for me...for free? :lol:

HobieKopek Jun 21, 2005 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by bobaab
how much? and who wants to install them for me...for free? :lol:

It'd be like a 1 hour install at MOST if you know how to take your IM off. TB is easy as pie. Do you need to install extra gaskets or do the spacers act as gaskets by themselves? I'd love to do this in conjunction with a ported 4g93 IM swap. I need a money tree. :(

EDIT: Found the answer from RPW and posted it in the other thread.

These replace the stock manifold gaskets and replace them with a non insulating / non heat conductive thermo block spacer which stops the heat transfer into the intake manifold.

Kid Lancer 7 Jun 21, 2005 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Boeturbolancer
The cooler the air in the denser it is... more fuel... more power.

More power for our lancer?? that just makes this more urgent! lol On with the production! {thumbup}

Archangelite Jun 21, 2005 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Boeturbolancer
Been seeing a lot of Phenolic Spacers poping up... ebay, other vendors on this site, as well as on countless other sites.

Is this something you guys are really interested in. I'm thinking about making some for the lancer/ralliart/etc...

Let me know how you guys feel about them...

i think RPW has them made already. you could focus on: regrinded camshafts, or twin throttle body, or.....wait a minute...nevermind..

Supa tek Jun 21, 2005 08:23 PM

If you make them..... they will come:). put me down for one

03RallyLancer Jun 21, 2005 08:57 PM

depends on the price boe... there is always interest in a new parts, boe u should kow that by now. I know it will be a great addition and only a few xtra mins when people are changing tb and im.

03RallyLancer Jun 21, 2005 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by 03RallyLancer
depends on the price boe... there is always interest in a new parts, boe u should kow that by now. I know it will be a great addition and only a few xtra mins when people are changing tb and im.

edit: and i didnt vote cuz i cant afford anything right now... i would buy them eventually (anything to make the car faster)... i dont know if they would be from u, rpw, or someone else, but i would get em. :mitsu: