EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-general-9/)
-   -   diff between an ES and LS? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-general/19535-diff-between-es-ls.html)

Magister Apr 9, 2003 03:49 PM

diff between an ES and LS?

what are the other diff between an ES and a LS, others that what are described on :mitsu: website? I know the ES does not have rear bar for instance, wheels are differents, or that the LS has 6 speakers, but what else? fabric quality? etc?

In Canada a full equipped (automatic) ES is 19300$, and the LS is 20400$ so what's more for this 1100$? only 2 tweeters, rear bar, variable whipers, heated side mirrors, and alloy wheels?!?

:mitsu: dealers have the 0% interest 0$ cashdown no payment until 2004, and I am tempted :)

EDIT: some parts were written in engrish :)

rklancer Apr 9, 2003 05:14 PM

dude i got my LS in NJ and for like roughly $17,000: its awesome. i really can't say anything else for the differences between the es and the LS besides what u mentioned above, but if your stuck between the two and have the extra money, either consider the OZ or go with the LS. If u plan on moddin it too, i believe the LS is much closer to the OZ in layout rather than the es. Hope that helped u out. :headbang:

poolshark2015 Apr 9, 2003 05:33 PM

Well i have an 02 ls and im happy with it. Plus you share all the specs like bolt patterns, and suspension upgrades with the oz. The tires are also 15 inch instead of 14 on the es if im not mistaken. Thats just my thought.

fastlane Apr 9, 2003 10:28 PM

Auto tranny optional in ES
No available ABS on ES
14" tires on ES
No alloy wheels on ES
Black mirrors and door handles on ES
No criuse control on ES
No factory sunroof available on ES
No keyless entry on ES
4 speaker stereo on ES
No speed sensitive wipers on ES
No 60/40 split fold rear seat with cup holders in ES
No head rear head rest in ES
No available side impact air bags in ES

There is a convenience pkg for the ES that gets you a little closer adding Keyless entry, 60/40 rear seat with cup holders, rear seat head rest, and color keyed door handles.

Magister Apr 10, 2003 10:16 AM

Originally posted by rklancer
dude i got my LS in NJ and for like roughly $17,000:
I am talking about canuk $, a LS is 20400$CAD so about 14000$US :)

Magister Apr 10, 2003 10:18 AM

Originally posted by fastlane

There is a convenience pkg for the ES that gets you a little closer adding Keyless entry, 60/40 rear seat with cup holders, rear seat head rest, and color keyed door handles.

yup, with packages, the ES is very close to the LS, so basically there's only rim/tire and minor stuff, but what about the fabric quality of the seat for example?

EDIT: side impact airbag? there is no option like this in canada for the LS :-/

JWERNER24 Apr 11, 2003 05:49 PM

gauges!! I have an ES and my gauges are gay. Doesnt the LS have round gauges like th OZ?

purecoda Apr 11, 2003 05:56 PM

Nope, it has the gay ones. (I think) ANYHOW, I'd get the ES if you are planning to mod it yourself or you like manual transmission. Save some $$$ and put it back in as aftermarket parts.

Crzylizard Apr 11, 2003 06:07 PM

Yep...tahts the best way to go...it gives you alot of room to play with.

Rasputin Apr 12, 2003 11:45 AM

Originally posted by Magister

yup, with packages, the ES is very close to the LS, so basically there's only rim/tire and minor stuff, but what about the fabric quality of the seat for example?

Jesus, you have an obsession with the fabric quality.

It's all the same interior across all 3, the trim's just different.

jedimaster Apr 12, 2003 12:05 PM

LS only comes in automatic.

02izzel Apr 12, 2003 12:45 PM

juss opt for the ES! its basically the best one out of all three! i have the 'convience package' and its pretty convient :lol: unless youre too lazy to shift get the LS. but the OZ is pretty much a waste of time if youre going to do stuff to your car. kus the thousands you pay extra for the 'ground effect' youll end up taking them off. the only thing youll keep are the gauges....and you dont want to pay 2,000 for sum gauges. the 'features' on the LS that the ES dosent have are pretty much useless. go ES! & go convience package!! i love mine!! 7 all the fabric qualitys im pretty sure are the same. i studied that lancer book up and down ;) well good luck! juss giving you the POV from an ES owner!! :beer:

Magister Apr 14, 2003 12:52 PM

héhé fabric quality :)
it's because in my corolla VE, the quality is very cheap, and in the LE it's much better, I was wondering if there is some diff between the lancer es/ls, anyway :)

Also I think, on the ES, you can order the OZ gauge and install it in the ES, no? it's certainly not 2k$ for this