Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

DRL found a way to get rid of it!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2007, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking DRL found a way to get rid of it!

Step 1, Sight Alignmentment
Step 2, Sight Picture
Step 3, Trigger Control
A .40 Gold Dot Hollow Point to each of the headlights from a Glock 22.

On a serious note, I have a question about swapping my DRL (connection) for the fog lights. I read on the forums that it's entirely possible and frankly it would solve my issue as far as HIDs in the future go. The fog light - headlight switch seems easier to me then installing a relay and running it out of the side marker.

I wanted to see people's opinion on it. Which do you think would be easier or better and if I choose to go the fog light way, what exactly am I supposed to switch to make this work?

Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2007, 06:27 PM

I was searching around the net and this is what I found for the Galants / Eclipse DRL...

I don't really understand what they are talking about but it seems like we could do the same as long as the three cars are similar.

Here's a copy of my Galant DRL post:

Ok. Here's a pic of the pin you need to bend (or remove) to disable Daytime Running Lights on Galants (and Eclipses). This module (known as the Front ECU Module) is under the hood, inside the fuse box, on the driver side. If you're not sure, look in the manual. Remove the Front ECU, and open it carefully using a flat screwdriver. You can "pop" the white snaps on the black metal part (it's a chip cooler) to completely access the pins, and remove the bottom cover (black plastic). Bend the second last (or 1st) of the SMALL pin connector. Re-assemble, and voila!

P.S. Please be careful. And do not sue me if something happens. You're a grown up, assume the consequences. :P
Old Dec 14, 2007, 06:29 PM

Old Dec 14, 2007, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

If you do that, you'll now have to operate your HID's on the lowbeam using the foglight switch.

And when you switch you're high's on, it will switch off the HID's cause the car will think its turning off the foglights.