Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

In Search for a engine wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy In Search for a engine wiring harness

Hello,
New to this forum thing, besides the fact i hope you guys can help me out.
I'm in search far a wiring harness, yes i gone to the junk yards and no luck they are cut. Well here is the story, i have been having problems with my 06 lancer es a/t. One day it started to misfire, i have been diagnosing the problem and replace parts. Finally got it running right. Couple days ago at 3:30am on a cold morning (frost on the windshield, not normal here in Fl) I let the car idle so it can warm up. While these is happening i began to smell burning wires(you know that melting wire smell) then boom, the car started to stutter and die. So great started looking around can't find any burnt wires, no luck (looking inside the car). Then i thought great it skipped a tooth, i say these b/c when i crank the car i saw white smoking coming from the intake. Hours of searching i finally found the burnt wires. there is a ground wiring going going from the engine to the wiring harness, a really small gauge ground wire. The wire shorted and melted the harness, no way to salvage. I just hope the ECU did not fried along with it.

TL;RD
Ground wire shorted, wiring harness melted and in search for one. Yes, i checked junk yards and they are all cut.
Thank you for reading and hope to here from you guys soon.