EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-how-requests-questions-tips-205/)
-   -   Replace Stock Cd player (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-how-requests-questions-tips/300099-replace-stock-cd-player.html)

jwadeGTS Oct 7, 2007 01:13 PM

Replace Stock Cd player

So I purposely got my gts without the navi because I want to put in my own aftermarket touch screen player. Only problem is, I cann't figure out how I am going to do this. The models with the navi have the squared section with the rockford logo above to the top right, but with the stock cd player I have no clue what I am going to do.

Optimus Oct 7, 2007 01:31 PM

Probably have to cut and mold the one you want in....

Is there a separate insert you could buy from the parts dept that already has the cutout for the touch screen?

bluewaterDEMON Oct 7, 2007 02:17 PM

You have two options as of now. You could buy the Navi install kit from Mitsubishi for about $350 which includes everything you need to install a double-din headunit, or you could wait for the installation kit from Metra (In the works).

jwadeGTS Oct 7, 2007 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by bluewaterDEMON (Post 4824645)
You have two options as of now. You could buy the Navi install kit from Mitsubishi for about $350 which includes everything you need to install a double-din headunit, or you could wait for the installation kit from Metra (In the works).

Awesome man thanks a lot. Ya I found the install kit on a parts site and I figured that was what I would need. I will look into this one Metra is putting out.

bluewaterDEMON Oct 7, 2007 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by jwadeGTS (Post 4824654)
Awesome man thanks a lot. Ya I found the install kit on a parts site and I figured that was what I would need. I will look into this one Metra is putting out.

Metra's kit should be a lot more affordable. :thumbup:

Blacksheepdj Oct 7, 2007 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by bluewaterDEMON (Post 4824682)
Metra's kit should be a lot more affordable. :thumbup:

This is what's known as an "understatement."

:lol:

SeRious08 Oct 7, 2007 06:05 PM

Talked to my sales rep at Metra yesterday. He said the release of the kit has been pushed back. Something about they are waiting for the demand to be higher. He laughed after he said that. Seriously, he stated the kit is basicaly done. They are now working on the wiring to tap into the bluetooth and steering wheel controls. Says it shouldn't be long.

Estimated prices from him: Basic kit without wiring harness: $30 my cost - $50 to 60 retail.

Kit with wiring harness: $50 to 60 my cost - $80 retail.

A hella lot better than the $350 kit Mitsu sells.

jwadeGTS Oct 7, 2007 07:17 PM

the demand may be low but I demand him to sell me one right god damn now!

Xeroxed Oct 7, 2007 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by SeRious08 (Post 4825250)
Talked to my sales rep at Metra yesterday. He said the release of the kit has been pushed back. Something about they are waiting for the demand to be higher. He laughed after he said that. Seriously, he stated the kit is basicaly done. They are now working on the wiring to tap into the bluetooth and steering wheel controls. Says it shouldn't be long.

Estimated prices from him: Basic kit without wiring harness: $30 my cost - $50 to 60 retail.

Kit with wiring harness: $50 to 60 my cost - $80 retail.

A hella lot better than the $350 kit Mitsu sells.

What about with the Sirius radio and the Aux. ports? Or is that more based on the headunit you install?

SeRious08 Oct 9, 2007 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Xeroxed (Post 4825888)
What about with the Sirius radio and the Aux. ports? Or is that more based on the headunit you install?

Most aftermarket radios will have AUX ports. For satellite radio it depends on the headunit. He didn't mentioin a "universal " wire harness for it as of right now.

jwadeGTS Oct 13, 2007 09:16 AM

so does anyone have an inkling of an idea as to a release for metra's kit? I really dont want to feed mitsu my $350 but if no 3rd party one is coming anytime soon i might just have to.