EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-how-requests-questions-tips-205/)
-   -   How to clean sri (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-how-requests-questions-tips/311524-how-clean-sri.html)

mezzedupdream Dec 5, 2007 08:03 AM

How to clean sri

how do you clean a sri?

lancer2show Dec 5, 2007 08:11 AM

if you have k&n i know theirs recharger spray kit you can buy.

atilla Dec 5, 2007 08:38 AM

if it's anything else you can just get a new filter, they are what? 20 bucks?

lancer2show Dec 5, 2007 10:35 AM

k&n filters are not 20 bucks..haha. the cleaner kit shouldnt be much and k&n has a lifetime warranty. but ya you can always get a cheap filter for like 20 bucks prolly apc or something.

Blacksheepdj Dec 5, 2007 10:38 AM

No, you're mixing ideas.

If you have K&N - spend $10-20 (I forget) and get the recharge kit.
If you have a cheapo filter - spend $20 and get a whole new filter.

If you have the RRM kit, RRM also sells replacement filters for it.

krnkimchi702 Dec 5, 2007 11:15 AM

how long can we run on the rrm filter untill we have to change it out?

SLVROZ_03 Dec 5, 2007 01:45 PM

^Depends on the climate you drive it in. I've had my RMR intake since 30k miles? and have used the K&N filter recharger kit twice on it. I'm @ 85k miles now...

Blacksheepdj Dec 6, 2007 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by krnkimchi702 (Post 5024630)
how long can we run on the rrm filter untill we have to change it out?

You're going to hate me for saying this, but the honest answer - until it gets dirty. That can depend on how dusty your area is, how much crap your intake sucks in, etc. There's no hard answer. A new, clean filter will ALWAYS suck better than an old, dirty one.

krnkimchi702 Dec 6, 2007 11:56 AM

i mean thats the simple answer lol i guess i gotta keep checking my filter every 2 monthish lol

Blacksheepdj Dec 6, 2007 02:50 PM

I find it's easiest to just set a mile marker for yourself. Pick an amount of miles that's reasonable (for both cleanliness AND your wallet) and change the filter on that mark.

Also, don't forget to move the filter every so often. Usually more air is pulled through one area, so it's good to flip the filter so that a different area is being used. An example is the stock airbox - it's good to flip the panel filter from time to time.

krnkimchi702 Dec 6, 2007 04:39 PM

thats good.... the rotating the filter is something i havn't thought about..... what is the recommended mileage/month to change ur filter? like doesn't the manufacture of the filters say how long till you change it??

nj_08_gts Dec 6, 2007 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by krnkimchi702 (Post 5029208)
thats good.... the rotating the filter is something i havn't thought about..... what is the recommended mileage/month to change ur filter? like doesn't the manufacture of the filters say how long till you change it??

Usually around 15k miles is normal.

Blacksheepdj Dec 7, 2007 06:47 AM

What he said. 15k is pretty much a standard timeframe for the average paper filter. It's also a good cleaning time for the reuseable filters (like K&N).

mezzedupdream Dec 7, 2007 07:47 AM

i read somewhere that you can take it out and spray it with the hose haha guess that's not a good idea.(btw I have RRM SRI)

Blacksheepdj Dec 7, 2007 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by mezzedupdream (Post 5031009)
i read somewhere that you can take it out and spray it with the hose haha guess that's not a good idea.(btw I have RRM SRI)

Depends on the filter. I think RRM's might be the hose-it-down kind.