EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-how-requests-questions-tips-205/)
-   -   2008 lancer hands free mic. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-how-requests-questions-tips/331332-2008-lancer-hands-free-mic.html)

regiomontano Mar 11, 2008 03:19 PM

2008 lancer hands free mic.

hello ; just wondering if anybody knows how to install the microphone for the bluetooth hands free on a 2008 lancer es.
thanks

fusion04 Mar 11, 2008 04:32 PM

if your car came with bluetooth it already has the mic built in

on another note: does anybody know where it is lol
it picks up my voice so clear but i have no idea where it would be

elpoole Mar 11, 2008 04:44 PM

its between the map lights.

CamShaft Mar 11, 2008 05:02 PM

yup, up by the sunroof controls, if you have that :P

fusion04 Mar 11, 2008 07:33 PM

oh nice haha ya i do have a sunroof but i never noticed the mic lol
has anybody had any issues using the bluetooth with the sunroof open?

CamShaft Mar 11, 2008 10:37 PM

haven't yet, its been winter so its been regularly closed, but will let you know in 2 months :D

Flick the mic when ur talking....ppl hate that, LOL

stefan.bounket Mar 11, 2008 11:02 PM

aside from the auto hang up when i pick up.. it works good for me... i tihnk i've had the sunroof open a few times while talking and the other person didn't complain...

kalpakiotis Mar 12, 2008 08:20 AM

depends on the other persons phone. I know my mom complains a lot even if i have any windows cracked, but my gf never has a problem hearing me.

empire4vr Mar 12, 2008 12:26 PM

I have another question for you guys. Does anyone know if there is a way to use the stock microphone with the Avic-D3 Bluetooth setup? I tried my best to hide that pioneer mic but I don't like seeing it all of the time. The shop that installed my unit didn't think it was possible to use the factory mic, but there has to be someone out there who would know for sure. Any ideas? :beer:

kalpakiotis Mar 12, 2008 06:24 PM

depends on the how the mic is wired, if its just 2 wires, like a red and black, it should be pretty simple. My guess is that, but ill check the circuit and get back to u.

kalpakiotis Mar 12, 2008 06:50 PM

It looks like you should be able to pick it up off of one the harness connectors. Connector C-110 is the hands free connector, and the mic goes into that on pins 24 (power), 23 (line), and 22 (shield). Not sure what your connections are on your unit, but it should be something similar. The connector looks like this,

---- ------ ---
| |_____| |_____| |
| 1 ........................... 12|
| 13 ......................... 24|
|_|------------------------|_|

and its located in the dash on the passenger side. If you need pics of the circuit and connector location, let me know and i can email or post them. Id say to cut the wires and install them to your unit, but that depends on how u feel about splicing into the harness.

Good luck

empire4vr Mar 13, 2008 12:24 PM

Cutting anything scares the hell of me. I can create almost anything on a computer, but wiring is not my thing. I managed to do the bypass on my D3, but even that scared me to do! I will gladly pay a shop to do it right rather than try it myself and mess something up.

lateralus Mar 25, 2008 12:37 PM

is the bluetooth coming ready to use now? I got my car in the summer time and I just have the controls but it doesn't work... and I have been to lazy to go get them to set it up. Anyone know how much that will cost?

fusion04 Mar 25, 2008 01:11 PM

if your car is equipped with blue tooth you should be able to just connect it to your phone and set it up yourself.....

CamShaft Mar 26, 2008 02:38 AM

do you have a ES or GTS? You might be missing a module and steering wheel controls. If you have the controls on you wheel, then you're set, RTFM!