Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

eBay Indiglo Gauges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2005, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eBay Indiglo Gauges

Remove the outer dash trim of the speedometer via two screws on the upper inside. Gently pull the bottom edge and work out of place. The next step is to remove the three screws holding the speedo in place. Be careful not to drop them into the abyss of the steering assembly. In the next step it might help to pop out the power mirror controller, gently pull from the speedo side until it pops out, and depending on your height, lower the steering wheel. Work the speedo out of the dash, I did the above and pushed the right end farther back in and pull the side with the tach on it towards me.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Next we unplug the wire harnesses on both sides, push in the little tabs on top of the wire harness and then slowly pull out by the plastic piece, DO NOT PULL BY THE WIRES! Once removed, we will need to replace the stock gauge face with the new ones. Push the plastic tabs holding the clear lens over the speedo and remove. Now slide the new face over the old one, it is easier if you turn all the needles the same way and work it over them slowly. I do not recommend removing the needles but you can do that at your own discretion. Once the new face is on, test the travel of the needles and see if it has any rubbing problems, i.e. sticking at 10 mph and so on. Tape the unseen areas down if necessary by removing the black trim on the speedo. Once you are satisfied with the needle travel, we'll moving on to the harder part.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

The kit comes with a little solenoid box and switch. I ran the box just into the back of the hole in the dash and ziptied it in place. I also ran the switch down to the little "personal storage box" or whatever Mitsu calls it. It has a sticky side and can be taped to the side of the box. It's a nice out of the way place to put it. It also lights up between the two colors you have chosen the gauges to light up with and can be installed almost anywhere you want. Of course the clips from the box connect to the wire with the clip on it coming from the gauge faces themselves. Now onto the hardest part.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

I had my dad help me with this part, he's an electrician. The box has two wires coming out of it, the red and the black. Splice into the grey wire as shown and hook the red wire up to it. And visa versa with the black with the gold stripe spliced with the black wire coming from the gauges solenoid. Test that everything is working properly, all lights coming on, start it and make sure the needles are all working and are not rubbing. Take it around the block if everything is lighting up and working to test out the needles travel. When satisfied, replace all the screws and dash trim. The end!
Old Nov 20, 2005, 10:24 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Discuss this thread here.