Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

How to align Lancer (ES, LS, OZ) headlights.

Old Jul 25, 2003, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow How to align Lancer (ES, LS, OZ) headlights.

I finally was able to align my headlights, and took a couple pics for those who might find them useful. Here's how to align your headlights on your US Spec Lancer.

What you need.

1. 10mm socket wrench
2. 10mm wrench (or deep 10mm socket)

How to.

First, find a nice level section of pavement, and park your car 25 feet away, headlights facing a wall. An easy place to do this would be behind a Walmart or supermarket.

Next, measure the distance from the pavement to the center of your headlights, and mark the same height horizontally on the wall with a straight line of tape a few feet across. To the best of my knowledgy, there is only a vertical adjusment for the headlights, so no vertical center line is needed (if I hear otherwise, i'll update this post).

Now, find the adjusting bolt behind the headlights. I've pointed them out in the photos below.

Driver side.

Passenger side.

Using a 10mm socket wrench, adjust the beam.
Right is down.
Left is up.

Aim the beams so the line of tape is centered in the light.

Note: I found that it was easier to adjust the driver side if the battery tie-down was loosened and the battery slid back a little for clearance (use the 10mm wrench here).

And that's it. Once your low beams are accurate, your high beams should be as well. One more thing. You might want to set the driver side beam slightly higher to off-set the lack of weight in the driver seat.

Mods. Can you sticky this?

Discuss this how to here.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Aug 18, 2003 at 06:09 AM.