Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

Rockford and Fuse install in 08 Lancer ES

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like half the problem is solved. I'm waiting on the next wiring harness to show up before I show how to add the factory aux input wiring.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 05:26 PM

For those following, updates are going to be pretty slim until next week. I have a poll setup at https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...e-systems.html to see if there is an interest in a video showing how to do the install while waiting for another wiring harness to get in.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 06:59 PM

Quick update. The harness I purchased was supposed to be delivered today. Heck, usps even said the harness was delivered even though it isn't. Hope the seller was smart enough to put insurance and signature required on the package.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 07:17 PM

Literally 10 seconds after posting the quick update, my wife comes in from checking the mail box. Turns out there's a place for boxes at the mail box. I didn't even know that was there. I have the harness. Time to get filming and taking pictures. Let the fun begin!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 08:07 AM
Balls of Steel

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Moving to the regular how-tos section since this is more complete than a request/question. Nice write-up!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by ninjacoco
Moving to the regular how-tos section since this is more complete than a request/question. Nice write-up!
Thanks.

So, no videos. I received a crazy call before starting filming. I was planning on filing the install, however that isn't in the cards anymore. I have a consulting gig that will earn me enough to be able to finish this project completely, pay off the card, and practically pay off a ton of other stuff.

Over the weekend I found out something about the bluetooth module connectors. The connections on the ends of the wires are only compatible with one connector, they can't be swapped. I wanted to put the fuse connector on without having to solder wires, guess I don't have a choice anymore. Luckily everything else is plain snap into the connectors.

I took tons of pictures showing how to modify the wiring harness. Those along with instructions will be posted fairly soon.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 07:01 AM

This post i would like to call "Jacking Up Mitsubishi's Wiring". First, a note on which instrument panel harness to buy. If the seller says the harness came out of a car with the rockford system, there should be no problems. If you run in to a lot of lack of responses to your questions, then there's a problem. First off, if the seller can't get back to you (all but one ebay seller for me), or doesn't know the features of the car (all but two ebay sellers for me), you may as well move on to someone who knows what they're selling. $130 per harness (going price as of this writing) adds up fast. Avoid JP Imports, they are charging a minimum premium of $300 for each harness. I wish I knew what they were smoking.

The part number for the harness I used for the instrument panel (under dash) side of the project is 8522B119.

If the pictures of the harness doesn't show a part number, make sure the passenger side has a brown and white connector on the black plastic mounting bracket.

Once the wiring harnesses are sorted out, either it's time to straight swap them out (for those with evos), or pull out the amp wiring (for those of us without the evo). Some wires need to be freed from their connectors, while others stay in the connector and get pulled out with the connector.

On the floor harness, the twisted pairs that go to the back doors, the 4 sub wires, and the twisted pair front speakers (not to be confused with the tweeters) come out of their destination connectors. Should go without saying, but DON'T pull any wires out of the amp connectors. Leave all three connectors and their wires in tact.

For the instrument panel harness, the passenger door speaker and tweeter wires will be very obvious, they're not even a foot long, and they are removed from the wiring harness very easily. The speaker (not tweeter) wires are also very easy to loose. Bagging them up might save a little heart ache later on. The driver side door speaker wires (the larger two wires of the four) are also separate and can be pulled from the harness. Bag those up too to prevent mixing them up with garbage. The amp connector ont he passenger side is simply unwrap the harness and separate as the harness is unwrapped.

At this point in time, i need to get my fat a$$ on my daily driver and pedal to work. Maybe I will get a lunch break long enough to get some pics up.

Last edited by wizzbangca; Jul 2, 2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 07:33 AM

The system is mostly installed. I have been taking pictures. I was able to try out everything, except Bluetooth, yesterday. The Rockford system sounds way better than the base system. Once I have everything back together and I can spend a little time listening to the end result, I can give a better verdict. The write up will continue once everything is installed and running.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 01:19 PM

Fuse Bluetooth is installed and working. I ended up using crimp on interconnects to add the fuse connector. So I don't go shorting anything out, I made the fused battery wire connect in reverse. Normally I have the female interconnects on the harness side while the male interconnects are on the connector side. For the power wire (red/white tracer) I did the opposite. If I ever want to go back to the 08-10 style bluetooth, I plug in a few wires and am ready to go.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, Do you know where I can get the top bracket for the sub???
Old Dec 23, 2013, 08:02 AM

No. I can't find anything in ASA for the top mount. My guess is the mount is welded to the trunk. Another possibility is the mount is already there, just needs to be bent into position. I have been so busy with a major project, I haven't been able to figure that out.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 09:54 AM

I guess I have to make my own. I have an EVO X without Rockford Fosgate system. Do you think it's possible to wire it up if I buy a used RF set??? Thanks!!!
Old Dec 28, 2013, 02:20 PM

As long as you get the wiring harnesses, everything can be wired in. One of the part numbers you are looking for is posted above.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bump PM'ed
Old Jun 22, 2017, 08:03 AM

I know this is an old post but its still very useful today. Im installing the factory amp, so far Ive gotten everything except the harness, so i decided to make one. My concern is unlike the FUSE (Bluetooth system) system that i was able to connect directly to the radio and have it work without changing any harness, I wonder if I can connect the the amp directly to the radio?? if anyone have any idea let me know thanks.

Regards

Quick Reply: Rockford and Fuse install in 08 Lancer ES