Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

How To retrofit yellow capsules into your fog lights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To retrofit yellow capsules into your fog lights

Pics dont work! I have to move them over to a new host! I just needed to copy the info over before I lose that.

DIY retrofitting yellow capsules into your fog lights.

Why do this project?
Due to a law that made the use of a certain material in which made the best yellow bulbs was made illegal. All the new yellow bulbs are subject to fading out.
By using these capsules just like OEM lexus’s you can retain yellow fogs allot longer!

(EDIT) NOT SURE IF he still sells these! So contact him before sending funds!!(EDIT)
You can purchase them by paypaling $30 to Andy, andivic@hotmail.com with your shipping address to get a set. Put yellow capsules in the subject of the payment. The only other place I found them from (hidtech.com) has not responded to any of my emails.
The ones used in this how to are from Andy so I would recommend buying from him so you can get the same results.

Remove the fog light cover by removing the Phillips screw shown below. There is only one.

Remove the three Phillips screws to remove the fog light.

This is the dangerous part in which you can accidently break the capsule. Take a new sharp razor blade and run it around the capsule a BUNCH of times. Spend a minute or two just running the blade around the capsule to slice up the silicone.(from behind the capsule, not the top/front) Then, putting LIGHT!!! (or else you will break the glass! I DID!) pressure, if you cut the silicone enough then the metal bracket will come away from the capsule.

Now to take apart the fog light housing you must use a torx bit to take the adjuster off of the bowl (red arrow). Use a flat head with LIGHT pressure (don’t break it!!!!!) to allow you to pull the bowl away from the housing.

Test fit the capsule into the bowl to see how it will fit so you can get an idea of how to silicone it in. once you are confident in it you can then go to the next step.
I put silicone around the capsule above the white silicone that was still stuck to it and then inserted the capsule into the bowl and added more silicone.

I then placed them flat onto some candle holders and let it dry over night.

Before

After

Old Jul 9, 2020, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wrong window , deleted , my apology

Last edited by gn02156668; Jul 9, 2020 at 06:34 PM.