Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

4g94 Turbo Project HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4g94 Turbo Project HELP!

Hello everyone,
I got an oz rally 2004 M/T, 135 k miles on it running mint ... last year started modding with really basic stuffs like short ram intake, 2,5'' catback exhaust. I really like the car and enjoy driving it .
I'll very honest .... I don't have a tone of money to spend on Turbo kits (RRM kit , nice kit btw ) I'm planing to create my own kit (budget minded )
I have really basic knowledged about engine, turbos, tuning etc BUT, I want to learn and I want to do the stuffs the right way , my budget is not a pretext to blow up my engine lol .
FYI, I'm not planning to push my car with a lot of boost, I'll be happy running safe with 7 psi to 9 psi doing so I dont have to change any internal stuffs ...budget minded
Parts I have on list please help me out if I have something to add it ,
1-Turbo manifold
2- Turbo charger ...still thinking on which one, it have to match with the turbo manifold ( T04 or T25 )
3- 02 housig and down pipe
4- Boost controller and gauge
5- Oil and Coolant Lines plus gauges
6- Intercooler and Intercooler piping
7- Wide band air fuel ratio kit
8- BOV valve
9-
10-
11-
12-
Problems I will have down the road getting all the parts and installation ...
1- Getting the Turbo Manifold ( I might go with the option of getting a 4g94 exhaust manifold flange welded on 4g93 turbo manifold or an evo 8 turbo manifold more easy to get it on the market )
some people said that a 4g93 turbo manifold its bolt on for my 4g94 in that case i have see a turbo manifold from kinugawa and the price it's really good .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Exhau...whW2:rk:1:pf:0
if anyone knows another options please let me know .
2- Creating the space for the turbo and 02 housing with down pipe , intercooler piping etc ( radiator fan , clutch slave , front crash bar etc)
3- Still choosing between internal waste gate or external .... any opinions please feel free to tell me ...
4- The last but most important .....how to get it tune?? ( ecuflash , AEM tuner, AEMdata)
evo8
rom flashed on my ecu ? once I installed the turbo which parameters, tables and configurations do I have to change (fuel airmix , ignition timing boost limit, etc)
the tune really makes me feels sad
lol ,its so complicated understand some terms haha but in order to have my lancer running safe I must tune it after I install the Turbo.

I'm really convinced installing the turbo and all the elements like mechanical stuffs tools and all that , but with the tuning I feel like I'm inside a Hole with no exit hahaha .
thank you guys !!
Ron
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Rod
Hello everyone,
I got an oz rally 2004 M/T, 135 k miles on it running mint ... last year started modding with really basic stuffs like short ram intake, 2,5'' catback exhaust. I really like the car and enjoy driving it .
I'll very honest .... I don't have a tone of money to spend on Turbo kits (RRM kit , nice kit btw ) I'm planing to create my own kit (budget minded )
I have really basic knowledged about engine, turbos, tuning etc BUT, I want to learn and I want to do the stuffs the right way , my budget is not a pretext to blow up my engine lol .
FYI, I'm not planning to push my car with a lot of boost, I'll be happy running safe with 7 psi to 9 psi doing so I dont have to change any internal stuffs ...budget minded
Parts I have on list please help me out if I have something to add it ,
1-Turbo manifold
2- Turbo charger ...still thinking on which one, it have to match with the turbo manifold ( T04 or T25 )
3- 02 housig and down pipe
4- Boost controller and gauge
5- Oil and Coolant Lines plus gauges
6- Intercooler and Intercooler piping
7- Wide band air fuel ratio kit
8- BOV valve
9- fuel pump (walboro 255)
10- tapped oil pan
11- fuel pressure regulator
12- injectors (if running high boost)
13- forged internals (if running high boost)
Problems I will have down the road getting all the parts and installation ...
1- Getting the Turbo Manifold ( I might go with the option of getting a 4g94 exhaust manifold flange welded on 4g93 turbo manifold or an evo 8 turbo manifold more easy to get it on the market )
some people said that a 4g93 turbo manifold its bolt on for my 4g94 in that case i have see a turbo manifold from kinugawa and the price it's really good .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Exhau...whW2:rk:1:pf:0
if anyone knows another options please let me know .
2- Creating the space for the turbo and 02 housing with down pipe , intercooler piping etc ( radiator fan , clutch slave , front crash bar etc)
3- Still choosing between internal waste gate or external .... any opinions please feel free to tell me ...
4- The last but most important .....how to get it tune?? ( ecuflash , AEM tuner, AEMdata)
evo8
rom flashed on my ecu ? once I installed the turbo which parameters, tables and configurations do I have to change (fuel airmix , ignition timing boost limit, etc)
the tune really makes me feels sad
lol ,its so complicated understand some terms haha but in order to have my lancer running safe I must tune it after I install the Turbo.

I'm really convinced installing the turbo and all the elements like mechanical stuffs tools and all that , but with the tuning I feel like I'm inside a Hole with no exit hahaha .
thank you guys !!
Ron
My advice if you're uncomfortable with the tuning is to get it professionally done. Everything could be gone in a snap if you mess with the wrong thing. Sadly theres not many ppl left on here that you can just pm your base map and have it adjusted. Worth a try tho.

Also how much boost do you plan on running? Anything above 7psi I would recommend getting bigger injectors. WRX STI injectors are a direct fit.

As far as internal/external wastegates, Im not too sure about the differences.

Good luck on your build!

Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by MurphDurph
My advice if you're uncomfortable with the tuning is to get it professionally done. Everything could be gone in a snap if you mess with the wrong thing. Sadly theres not many ppl left on here that you can just pm your base map and have it adjusted. Worth a try tho.

Also how much boost do you plan on running? Anything above 7psi I would recommend getting bigger injectors. WRX STI injectors are a direct fit.

As far as internal/external wastegates, Im not too sure about the differences.

Good luck on your build!

you’re right, however I found a couple guys that would do the ecu tuning remotely I just have to buy the tactrix cable, teamviewer app installed on my laptop wifi access during the tuning and all that.... we’ll see
about the boost yes probably will be 7 or 8 psi and I’ll need to but the 440 cc wrx injectors thanks for the advice btw , wastegate it depends on space, manifold setup will evaluate it to see which one , bad news so far haha time to change clutch.... its been sleeping for almost 2 weeks mostly by 2 nd and 3 gear , I replaced the clutch slave cylinder 3 days ago and yes I saw some improvement but I’ll get a new clutch installed very soon .
Ron
Old Mar 17, 2020, 01:31 AM

What about the maf do you need to tune it
Old Mar 19, 2022, 11:23 PM

Hey i was wondering how the install went and things that had to be upgraded because im thinking of doing the same thing to my 2004 Lancer.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Espy
Hey i was wondering how the install went and things that had to be upgraded because im thinking of doing the same thing to my 2004 Lancer.
yo check out mike lake in youtube the did a 4g93 turbo setup and has everything you’ll need linked in his videos description. I also asked him if the same part would fit a 4g94 lance es and his said yes. Check him out on YouTube.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 12:25 PM

Update on my 4g94 lancer es.

Originally Posted by Ron Rod

you’re right, however I found a couple guys that would do the ecu tuning remotely I just have to buy the tactrix cable, teamviewer app installed on my laptop wifi access during the tuning and all that.... we’ll see
about the boost yes probably will be 7 or 8 psi and I’ll need to but the 440 cc wrx injectors thanks for the advice btw , wastegate it depends on space, manifold setup will evaluate it to see which one , bad news so far haha time to change clutch.... its been sleeping for almost 2 weeks mostly by 2 nd and 3 gear , I replaced the clutch slave cylinder 3 days ago and yes I saw some improvement but I’ll get a new clutch installed very soon .
Ron
so I got my lancer es 2003 it is automatic so with the Walbro 255 install and the WRX INJECTORs
my check engine is running to rich. I need some help.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2003bololancer
so I got my lancer es 2003 it is automatic so with the Walbro 255 install and the WRX INJECTORs
my check engine is running to rich. I need some help.
your car isn’t tuned for the injectors, an ecu flash should fix the issue