Notices
Lancer-Mirage Compatibility Forum For parts that can be used on both Lancer & Mirage models, post/look in here.

Ported 4G93 vs. RRM 4g94 IM

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:00 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nah, not too complicated

it seems like it is, but if you label everything and are somewhat mechanically inclined, its cake
Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, the install is the thing that worries me most about it. But, other than that I'm really interested in doing this mod.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Z_Lancer_Man
Yeah, the install is the thing that worries me most about it. But, other than that I'm really interested in doing this mod.

Me too, it's making me debate over which route to go. If this
is where more HP gains are at(even just a little) it is most likely
the best route for me. But like you said I am just worried about
the install, without some kind of guide, or detailed instructions.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

How much are you guys getting the IMs for? I have 2 sitting here at my house that I could port, clean and sell, but I just want to see market price so that I wont waste my time.

I was selling one for crack ***** pricing and people were amazed. Similarly, a Lancer guy came on the Mirage board selling a ported one for what we thought was an insane price (sorry the Miragers are cheap bastards)... so let me know market price and I could provide some ported manifolds to you Lancer guys.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

The prices I've seen on stock '93 IMs ranged between $65 and $125, via car-part.com.

And the install really isn't that tough if you've got some hours to burn and maybe the help of a friend.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've seen ported 93 manifolds on sale here for anywhere between $150 and $250. I would totally ****** one up for $150 (hint hint wink wink) Ive got almost $300 and I'm dying to spend it on something to give me gains

Originally Posted by AirQuez
How much are you guys getting the IMs for? I have 2 sitting here at my house that I could port, clean and sell, but I just want to see market price so that I wont waste my time.

I was selling one for crack ***** pricing and people were amazed. Similarly, a Lancer guy came on the Mirage board selling a ported one for what we thought was an insane price (sorry the Miragers are cheap bastards)... so let me know market price and I could provide some ported manifolds to you Lancer guys.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

$150 to $250 for a ported IM... to quote my buddy Gadget, "wowzers" ......

Z Lancer Man, PM me if you are serious so I can see what and how much you want ported... if just the TB plenum or if you want me to work on the runners as well, and how much you want off. I dont have too many days off, but I can try to get something out to you soon.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:20 PM
Account Disabled

it really depends on the junkyard. stock manifolds could run from 50-125 or so, plus shipping

on top of that is the price to have it ported. if you knew what you were doing, you could save yourself some scratch, if not, have someone reputable do it for you (send it off or take it to a shop)

either way, 4g93 is about 100 less than my previous 4g94, so its all good
Old May 1, 2005, 12:16 AM
EvoM Guru

What would be really awesome is if a vendor started making high flow velocity style intakes for the lancer!!

Sure they'd be pricey but damn they'd be the best thing i'd think... hmmmm maybe they'll be available soon for all to slobber over

:Hint: :Hint:

Old May 1, 2005, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

I'd rather port a g93 myself for less $$$, if that's what your thinking about selling...it would be cool if a vender designed an IM. I have thought about it, really wouldn't be that much material to fab. with the right tools of course. The trickist part would be making it attractive to the eye.
Old May 1, 2005, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by frchgl123
I'd rather port a g93 myself for less $$$, if that's what your thinking about selling...it would be cool if a vender designed an IM. I have thought about it, really wouldn't be that much material to fab. with the right tools of course. The trickist part would be making it attractive to the eye.

you have no idea, how hard it would be to make a custom high flow velocity designed Intake Manifold.
Old May 1, 2005, 02:27 AM
Evolved Member

okay, been reading a lot about the 4g93 IM, and it seems pretty interesting. I have a question though. if we put this on our lancers, can intakes for our car still bolt on to it? I know........ I'm a newb....lol....but seriously I don't know jack about engines and all....so I figure I could ask. If I missed it where it was stated sorry. Just wondering if I could bolt on a SRI for our lancers to this manifold is all I'm asking.
Old May 1, 2005, 02:30 AM
Evolved Member

^of course, lol
Old May 1, 2005, 02:36 AM
Evolved Member

sheesh....well....least I know now....lol....just wanted to make sure.
Old May 1, 2005, 07:06 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Viciouz
you have no idea, how hard it would be to make a custom high flow velocity designed Intake Manifold.
neither do you

ripp has been making them for eclipses and tiburon for a while now. really, its a reverse header, just think of the, whats it called, magnus sheet metal manifold for the evo

honestly, not that hard to make. expensive? sure. worth it? we don't know yet. hard? maybe for viciouz, not for a good fab company like rpw or rrm

Quick Reply: Ported 4G93 vs. RRM 4g94 IM