Notices
Lancer-Mirage Compatibility Forum For parts that can be used on both Lancer & Mirage models, post/look in here.

4G93/4G94 IM/TB fitment?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2007, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any pics??..
Old Jan 21, 2007, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

pictures

took these pics before cleaning and polishing but you get the idea.

Old Feb 3, 2007, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krnzzang84720
uhhh 4G94 TB fits perfectly on my 4G93 ported Manifold

you do know it's your cruise control vac line.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
I'd love to see actual testing. Or dyno testing. But I know neither will ever happen.
Yeah and I'd like to come home to a house full of big t1tayed redheads and blondes getting their freak on and paying my bills.... I'll probably get that before we see "before and after" dyno sheets from any one for any part
Old Feb 7, 2007, 02:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Alchemist
Yeah and I'd like to come home to a house full of big t1tayed redheads and blondes getting their freak on and paying my bills.... I'll probably get that before we see "before and after" dyno sheets from any one for any part
No, I'm pretty sure we'd see the dynos first. There's like a 1% chance of that one.

Seriously, it just takes one person that has the time/money/interest to do it. Hell, if one guy didn't think of it, small-block Chevy owners would never know that you could add HP just by switching when 4 and 7 fired with a new cam.
It just sucks that we have so few innovators in the Lancer arena. And most of them are poor.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

well i do actually have both a ported 93 and 94 manifold, but i have no idea when ill be able to get on a dyno. probably not til summer and i doubt i would do them back to back, as ill be getting tuned at the same time and that wouldnt make much sense.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

^^^+1
For that matter, I could do all sorts of before/after: cams (stock vs RPW stage 2 NA), crank pulley, IMs (ported 94 vs stock 94 vs ported 93), heads (P&P vs stock). Who's gonna pay for it, though? It's not that I don't have the money, I just don't care, now that it's on my car Switching the plug wires on #4 and #7 is a lot simpler than anything I would have to offer. Just swapping the IM would take like an hour, probably more if I tried to do it in the parking lot of a dyno shop. I could -maybe- do before/after of my bored TB vs my not-bored TB, but i'm not going to pay for the dyno time at $125 an hour. Plus I'd end up in the same situation RRM was in when they dared to post a couple of dynos. Someone didn't like the type of dyno, weather conditions weren't exactly the same, they didn't have a fan blowing on the radiator, they didn't do it in the correct gear, it wasn't the octane of gas someone would prefer to use, they couldn't guarantee that the numbers weren't altered, the planets weren't aligned properly....

We don't need a lot of innovators, just a few. Those of us who DIY, fabricate, bite off of other people's ideas and genuinely figure stuff out on our own end up with cars that are more unique and perform better than average (we hope )

Oh and the TB mating to the IM question: you just need to get new bolts becasue two of the stock bolts are too long. (Gotta keep it on topic )
Old Feb 7, 2007, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iufan4lifeul
there is a slight problem as the 4G94 TB does not properly fit the 4G93 manifold. Therefore producing a slight air leak and idle problems. It CAN be fabricated but is not for the non mechanically inclined.
so anyone know what year 93 this manifold is from? because i have the same issue. the part closest to the firewall is just straight up and down and on the TB, there is a little protrusion where the idle speed screw is causing that part to be completely open and suck in too much extra air. have some ideas on how to fix it, but have yet to try anything.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 07:13 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I have this exact question. The problem is the lip off the right side where the biss is. It sticks out like a quarter inch. My manifold is ready to go and I have a ported TB to go with it, but I don't want an issue with it sealing. Thoughts?