Notices

Where are the microphone wires on the harness

Old Dec 16, 2010, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are the microphone wires on the harness

I'm planning to install a Pioneer AVIC-Z120 to replace the factory single-CD mp3 audio in my 2010 Lancer Ralliart. Can someone help me figure out which ones are the + and - microphone wires on the audio harness? Since there's a microphone already installed for the factory bluetooth system, I want to solder them onto a microphone jack and use that for a cleaner install - I don't want paste an additional mic with a double-sided tape. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

from my own research you are looking at one hell of a project. instead, you can do what all of us did and simply run the new microphone to the same spot as the OEM one (inside the map lights). it takes about 1 minute to run the wire through the pillar and into these lights and there is already a neat spot there to mount your new mic
Old May 9, 2014, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blonde View Post
from my own research you are looking at one hell of a project. instead, you can do what all of us did and simply run the new microphone to the same spot as the OEM one (inside the map lights). it takes about 1 minute to run the wire through the pillar and into these lights and there is already a neat spot there to mount your new mic
Can I ask how you ran the wire? Did you have to take the ceiling down and everything?