EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Ralliart Audio & Security (All models) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-ralliart-audio-security-all-models-181/)
-   -   Remote Starter (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-ralliart-audio-security-all-models/621391-remote-starter.html)

marell31 Jul 23, 2012 06:17 AM

Remote Starter

Can someone tell me... 1. Whats Better.. Aftermarket or OEM remote starter..
2. If aftermarket... wich one works completely with the fast key and "touch to open" with no issues.. 3. Im on a budget so nothing to expensive,
Im a noob so please :helpme::helpme:

P.S I Just need the remote starter... not interested in alarm...

rzrxn Jul 23, 2012 09:52 AM

what year is your RA?

CrAnSwIcK Jul 23, 2012 05:07 PM

it's at least an 09 by his avatar picture...this section is for all models and years

marell31 Jul 24, 2012 03:20 AM

Yes is a 09...with fast key and touch to open...

CrAnSwIcK Jul 24, 2012 07:56 AM

we don't have those features...and a lot of the active members for the second gen lancer ralliart don't even post here...you might be better off posting your question in your engine section and get flamed for posting in the wrong section if it comes to that...lol, just think them here if they call you out :lol: good luck.

cmb70 Oct 17, 2014 11:46 AM

OEM vs Aftermarket

From my understanding, there is not an OEM remote starter for the 09+ Ralliart and to use an aftermarket effectively, you have to hide a FOB in the car somewhere which means your car is never secure. I will check into this some more and post up what I find later.

cmb70 Dec 22, 2014 11:11 AM

Not sure if the remote start ever happened, but check Compustar out. They do have one that will work very nicely in the Lancer RA with pass key etc. There is a bypass module that makes it so you do not have to give up a key also. I will be installing one on my car soon. I will post a how to when I get to it.

Papa Truble Jan 11, 2015 06:35 PM

Install

Have you had a chance to do the install; did it work out with the Key still?

cmb70 Jan 15, 2015 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Papa Truble (Post 11374191)

I did not install one on my car yet but we did some research at work. The Compustar module will allow you not to give up a key as well as Vipers. I am leaving soon on a deployment and will install a Compustar on mine when I return.

Raikiri Jan 23, 2015 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Papa Truble (Post 11374191)

So just figured I'd chime in here since I just got my remote starter installed. It does work without having to give up a key. You just need to get a module to communicate with the CANBUS system within the car. You can either get the DBALL2 or something similar that you'll just need to get programmed to the car. I ended up buying my own system and having my friend at :mitsu: install mine and used the module that they use on their remote starts at the dealer. So far works just fine with no complaints.

But yeah I assume we all have the fast-key system and it works just fine with it.