EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Ralliart Audio & Security (All models) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-ralliart-audio-security-all-models-181/)
-   -   2012 RalliArt radio unit question (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-ralliart-audio-security-all-models/651817-2012-ralliart-radio-unit-question.html)

erixon84 Mar 27, 2013 06:01 AM

2012 RalliArt radio unit question

My brother bought a 2012 RalliArt with the stock unit.
However he wants to upgrade to something with navigation and a good sound quality.
Can anyone recommend a good in dash aftermarket unit?

Veronica Mar 27, 2013 06:46 AM

I am very interested in the Poineer AppRadio. It is a 7" touchscreen that relies on your cell phone for all nav and recorded music. The beauty of ti is - as you upgrade cell phones with new capabilities - the radio function will too ;)

AND the is a 'driver command' app that displays the ECU info as a dashboard...

Lancer-Rob Mar 27, 2013 08:49 AM

that pioneer looks awesome would love to see it in person.

I would install that in a second!

erixon84 Mar 28, 2013 12:05 PM

You have the model for this unit?
I think I've heard of it but not too come of this relying on my phone.

Originally Posted by Veronica (Post 10730771)
I am very interested in the Poineer AppRadio. It is a 7" touchscreen that relies on your cell phone for all nav and recorded music. The beauty of ti is - as you upgrade cell phones with new capabilities - the radio function will too ;)

AND the is a 'driver command' app that displays the ECU info as a dashboard...

Ralliator Mar 28, 2013 07:15 PM

You guys might want to research it a bit more. It doesn't have the best reviews from what I've seen.

Veronica Apr 25, 2013 06:11 AM

Best research is on the AVIC411 forum for pioneer and appradio hackz...

twilla May 3, 2013 10:57 AM

Im about to do my speakers add an amp , 4 channel, and then the problem I'm having is either changing out the head unit or just to re wire with hd wires. And no I do not have rocksford fosgate.

Veronica May 6, 2013 09:39 AM

A new touchscreen headunit is cheap and they have the dash piece to make it look correct. If your stock non-RF headunit cd works (both channels) - be glad. Most don't...

Do it right.

My $.02 worth.

tetsuo12333 Jun 8, 2013 11:26 PM

I just installed my Appradio 2 with Droid Bionic. I recommend looking into the ARliberator app which allows your Appradio 2 to mimic your phone's screen and captive touch to the tee.

The radio by itself is very lacking in terms of capabilities right-out-of-the-box. The pairing process is cumbersome at times, Pandora isn't advertised as android friendly but works sometimes, the expandability is not fulfilling. Pioneer only allows certain apps. HOWEVER...

Root your phone and add ARliberator into the mix and you have all the joys of your Android. Google Navigation, Web, Music, Movies, Netflix, Youtube, Dashcommand, Candy Crush, etc. and the appradio because a whole new beast.

If you bought the Rockford Fosgate package without NAVI, it is beyond me why one would go through the hassle of installing the MITO-2 harness and upgrading speakers, amp, and headunit. Personally, I think just upgrading the headunit is good enough. Then, I remember that if you are chasing Recaros, HID, and everything Touring related, you have no choice but to tie in the RF system. With smart phones becoming the catch all, it would make sense to develop something that syncs to your phone. Screen and all.

If you have an Iphone...well....just plug in your phone and play the piano app.