EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Ralliart Audio & Security (All models) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-ralliart-audio-security-all-models-181/)
-   -   Touch Screen Navi Help (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-ralliart-audio-security-all-models/679153-touch-screen-navi-help.html)

RotorGlowGTS Dec 30, 2013 01:36 PM

Touch Screen Navi Help

So I bought an aftermarket in-dash navigation/touch screen unit for my 2011 RA. It requires a GPS Card to use the Navigation. Anybody know what to use for that? It looks like an SD slot but I'm not sure what to do for that. Also it reads DVD's just fine but doesn't read CD's at all. It say "Loading..." for like 2-3 minutes then went back to the radio screen. I tried multiple CD's but none have worked. Anybody have any suggestions?

RotorGlowGTS Dec 30, 2013 06:36 PM

Finally got some CD's to play on it but still haven't figured out the GPS Card yet. Any suggestions?

3000GT-GTO Dec 30, 2013 06:53 PM

The GPS CARD slot is used for GPS MAP, if you don't have the SD CARD with the map preloaded inside it won't load GPS APP.

RotorGlowGTS Dec 30, 2013 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by 3000GT-GTO (Post 11067566)
The GPS CARD slot is used for GPS MAP, if you don't have the SD CARD with the map preloaded inside it won't load GPS APP.

Yeah I figured that much out, do you know where to get one from? I spoke with the guy I bought it from and he said it didn't come with one from the factory so I'm guessing I just need some kind of universal software?

RallyRed4g63 Dec 30, 2013 07:13 PM

You can get them from best buy depending on what kind of nav you have. Of course i have a double din pioneer in my 03, which uses a whole different module to run the nav instead of the gps card like yours so at least you got lucky there

RotorGlowGTS Dec 30, 2013 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by RallyRed4g63 (Post 11067585)
You can get them from best buy depending on what kind of nav you have. Of course i have a double din pioneer in my 03, which uses a whole different module to run the nav instead of the gps card like yours so at least you got lucky there

Yeah I tried Best Buy but they carry nothing universal, everything is brand specific so it's either pioneer, kenwood, garmin, or tomtom. It really pissed me off actually because the guy was like "No we only carry NAME BRAND things"

RallyRed4g63 Dec 31, 2013 05:40 PM

Ehh thats no good bro. Good luck with findin that card

RotorGlowGTS Jan 1, 2014 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by RallyRed4g63 (Post 11068617)
Ehh thats no good bro. Good luck with findin that card

I finally found a card on ebay which should work. The problem is this unit is garbage. I'm trying to get the guy to take it back because it won't play cd's, it locks up when I try and calibrate it, and the aux input sounds like it's playing out of a tin can. It is terrible. The only thing that works is the radio and I hate listening to the radio

RotorGlowGTS Jan 1, 2014 11:38 AM

Got the aux input fixed and it sounds really good. Now it just the cd's that suck. I think a sensor must've gotten damaged when it got shipped

RallyRed4g63 Jan 1, 2014 01:49 PM

Ahh no bueno brother. I went out and got a pioneer. I was gonna go with Alpine but i couldnt find any that looked clean enough for the dash

RotorGlowGTS Jan 2, 2014 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by RallyRed4g63 (Post 11069222)
Ahh no bueno brother. I went out and got a pioneer. I was gonna go with Alpine but i couldnt find any that looked clean enough for the dash

Yeah I might upgrade eventually. I'll see how the navi works and decide then. For now it's working really good and I love the way it looks. It was actually reading cd's today so idk what is going on with it. I've gone through and hooked everything back up to make sure they're secure so it's not a loose connection.

RallyRed4g63 Jan 2, 2014 03:45 PM

Well good luckwith it all man. Hope everything continues to work for ya. Need anything else just shoot a pm my way and ill see what i can do

RotorGlowGTS Jan 2, 2014 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by RallyRed4g63 (Post 11070428)
Well good luckwith it all man. Hope everything continues to work for ya. Need anything else just shoot a pm my way and ill see what i can do

Thanks a lot, man. I really appreciate that

RotorGlowGTS Jan 25, 2014 11:22 AM

Well I have been trying to install the gps maps for a while now and it won't read the card. The card itself has all the maps/software because I checked it on my computer. The unit just isn't reading it at all. It has a generic folder that can't be selected and it won't load the maps from the card. Anyone have any suggestions?

Here is the unit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200983606453&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:US:1123Here is the card: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Sygic-GPS-Maps-Software-USA-Canada-Australia-West-EU-Free-4GB-SD-Card-/181063584390?pt=GPS_Maps_Software&hash=item2a283b0a86&vxp=mtr
Any help is greatly appreciated...

Mystykalbaby Jan 25, 2014 11:37 AM

I had to deal with these model units like this at my shop. Had a guy who wanted it installed in his m3. Started out ok. Turned into problematic issue. Then replaced it. The replacement was worse and caused several MIL indicators to go off. I understand the need for an inexpensive way to replace the factory stuff but no support for full factory features really. You always loose something. Sub control. Amp bypass. Something.

If you can get a refund do it.