EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-show-shine-32/)
-   -   rims on thunder gray lancer (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-show-shine/11394-rims-thunder-gray-lancer.html)

wags528 Dec 17, 2002 08:02 AM

rims on thunder gray lancer

i know everyone posts these polls (forgive me if this bothers you), but im having trouble deciding what color rims i should go for on my thunder gray lancer . ..? i like silver and gun metal the best, but i dont know . . what do u all think?

LancerGDI Dec 17, 2002 09:15 AM

Dark rims are beginning to grow on me... (Think it's cos my new ones are Metallic Ash Grey, darker than Gunmetal) But they need to be huge to look good...

azyan Dec 17, 2002 09:18 AM

wag i have a thunder grey also, i think gunmetal would look great

importlancer Dec 17, 2002 10:55 AM

Go with black on a gray car.

trance Dec 17, 2002 11:31 AM

Great...another one of these {pick}
just get what you want...simple as that
it's your money your dishing out

wags528 Dec 17, 2002 12:43 PM

i know its another one of these rim-poll-topics, but i just wanted to see what other people thought too - - ultimately, i will be getting what i want, theres no question there . . .. . .and LancerGDI, dont worry about being huge . . . right now im looking at 17" Buddy Club P1's . . . {thumbup}

JonPug Dec 17, 2002 12:51 PM

wags, what kind of paint did you use to black out your grill? just black spray paint? it looks like you managed to match it to the thunder grey nicely...

edit: i would go with silver rims... but i'm not big on colored or dark rims.

wags528 Dec 17, 2002 12:57 PM

i did use black spray paint for the grill and then put a clear coat on to help prevent chipping and what-not . . . it does appear to match pretty good from a distance, but up close u can tell that the car is gray and the grill is black

MitsuMan Dec 21, 2002 04:42 PM

My opinion on rims for a car is, on a dark color car is to go with white or silver and a lighter color car is to go with gun metal or black. Just my opinion.

XTECRONX74 Dec 21, 2002 05:17 PM

My opinion, having a thunder grey Lancer, I went with the graphite Konig Absoutes. The graphite color perfectly matches the car and with an added chrome lip around the rim adds the perfect pimp look. {thumbup}

with a dark car....don't go bright. {thumbdwn}

But that's just my opinion :cool:

2003lancer Dec 21, 2002 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i went with silver, but gun metal would look pretty sweet.

rrozul09 Dec 21, 2002 08:31 PM

I have have a golden colour Lancer with 17" konigs imagines the funny thing is the though colours match looks sweet ill try to post pics..

importlancer Dec 21, 2002 08:34 PM

Sorry, just a little OT.. but are those the Progress Springs I see peeking out of your rear wheel?

2003lancer Dec 21, 2002 08:35 PM

yes they are.

XTECRONX74 Dec 21, 2002 11:12 PM

Your car looks nice :)

I just see it as if I were to wear a black suit I would not wear white shoes. That's how I look at rims, as shoes.

So white on Thunder Grey uhhhh NO.....
silver...... a big maybe......
Graphite, A PERFECT MATCH!....

Let's remember all this is just my opinion, I hope I am not steppin'
on anyones RIMs.....I mean shoes. :D

Hopefully I will be posting some pics of my car. The rain has not stopped here and I can't get any decent pictures.

MODS:
RMR intake
RRM Evo style grille
RRM CF reflectors :ang2hap: (that orange cr@p had to go)

sittin' on 17" Konig Absolutes (graphite) rollin' with Yoko's

now just waiting on the prices to go down on springs/coilovers