EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-show-shine-32/)
-   -   altezza problems (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-show-shine/121258-altezza-problems.html)

da2003pizimp Feb 4, 2005 10:22 PM

altezza problems

i was given a set of black altezza lights for christmas but on of the red light covers in the light fell off, i was wondering if someone knew how to, or if it's even a good idea to open it up and snap it back into place? any help is appreciated.

OZLancerlunatic Feb 5, 2005 05:35 AM

Best suggestion I can make is take both pieces, find the nearest trash recepticle and throw them in as violently as possible. Then, proceed to reinstall your stocks or a set of Evo7 lights.

krafty Feb 5, 2005 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by OZLancerlunitic
Best suggestion I can make is take both pieces, find the nearest trash recepticle and throw them in as violently as possible. Then, proceed to reinstall your stocks or a set of Evo7 lights.

:lol:

Marques Feb 5, 2005 06:41 AM

word man! Sorry to say but RRM tails are the best way to go. EVO VII is even a better reason to get em. Those tails are sick!

digdat Feb 5, 2005 12:21 PM

well .. as it sits, the tails are broken right? a few options:

1. return them
2. throw em out
3. open them up and try to fix it

seems that since they are broken, you would want to try and open them up to fix it .. unless you can return and get them replaced.

4g94T Feb 5, 2005 08:44 PM

why would you even put those tails on anyways. thats like downgrading

da2003pizimp Feb 5, 2005 10:18 PM

the first reply made me chuckle a little bit, but the rest reminded me of follow the leader. but anyways it's my car and i can put anything on it i want, even if i want to put an apc sticker on it i can, with that being said, here is the low down i got these for christmas and my brother bought them online and after sending them back and forth it just seems like it's a huge waste of time what i may do is open them and try to paint the black part yellow and see how that looks. if anyone has done this before i'd appreciate some guidance. thanks.

g0damy0uugly Feb 5, 2005 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by OZLancerlunitic

HAHAH hella agreed..... stock tail lights luk so much better

RalliArtI4 Feb 5, 2005 10:52 PM

it's true, stock lights look the best...i love em

deeznuts Feb 6, 2005 07:29 AM

I got my EVO II taillights from procarparts.Alot cheaper than rrm.

da2003pizimp Feb 6, 2005 07:52 AM

ok someone may as well delete this thread b/c it's going np where.

Marques Feb 8, 2005 08:09 AM

hahaha i think we may have upset him lol

redozrally Feb 8, 2005 09:10 AM

bake 'em in the oven like what they do on their headlights?!?
I dunno...
and if they melt just slap ur forhead?!?!?

arnold16890 Feb 8, 2005 04:50 PM

lol people are being mean here.... i guess he wants to install them on his car cuz his brother bought it for him and he doesnt want to upset his brother..... btw i guess its a better idea to send it back cuz u might mess up when u try to fix it and if u do..... what OZLancerlunitic said might have to happen....

timdog4life Feb 8, 2005 04:59 PM

ok, unfortunately i dont think you can fix them. I may be wrong because I havent taken mine out and looked (yes I have black altezzas) but I remember reading something about all the taillights for our cars being heat sealed instead of glue sealed. Meaning that putting them in the oven to try and heat the glue to pry open the casing wont work.

But like I said I havent actually looked at mine, I just installed them the day they came and never looked at them again...but if the seams on the light look really smooth and dont look like they are two seperate pieces then I dont think you can.

If they do look like they come apart then run a search on "DIY black headlights" and follow any walkthrough on how to heat your lights to open them up.

Best of luck with that, it always sucks when someones gift breaks.