EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-show-shine-32/)
-   -   manual knob on automatic (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-show-shine/28322-manual-knob-automatic.html)

zlaxman Jun 27, 2003 05:44 AM

manual knob on automatic

is this possible? i am in love with the momo f16 evo with the gap but this is my first car so my parents got it automatic and allauto knobs are terrible looking/feeling.

jbj420 Jun 27, 2003 06:11 AM

I have a manual trans. but my wife drives automatic so I know what you mean, I've come across some nice ones in my search.
Check out crutchfield.com , select custom parts & accessories from the menu on right, then select shift knobs and scroll down.
Ichiban makes a nice "cruz" model in colors. Hope this helps

Volkmann Jun 27, 2003 07:44 AM

Razo has some cool auto **** knobs. I had a brushed aluminum shifter that was awesome. I now have a cf knob that you push down on to put the car in gear.

Stumpy221 Jun 27, 2003 09:46 AM

Try Imotorgear.com
and look under Razo. Honestly these are some of the best prices ive seen.

suntzu Jun 27, 2003 05:10 PM

good stuff from Razo ... tryin' to decide on one to order now. thanks.

pearlwhiteoz Jun 27, 2003 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i had this for a while now

pearlwhiteoz Jun 27, 2003 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
CF KNOB FROM RRM!!!

DaBMan Jul 2, 2003 02:51 PM

hey pearl do you push donw on the knob to shift. and also thats more than just the knob from RRM right?

FaLLeNAn9eL Jul 2, 2003 03:41 PM

exactly dont u have to press the button inorder to get the gears to shift?

pinoyesv6 Jul 2, 2003 03:48 PM

i know how. i just converted a manual shift knob to an auto shift knob in my galant. what's the button? the shift knob is. you push down the shift knob and now its the button to shift.

i took a pipe and connected it to the bottom of the shift knob. i then drilled a elongated hole on the pipe so taht the pipe can be secured to the shaft for the shifter. i put the elongated hole so that the pipe can move up and down on the shaft while still being secure. totally optional but it would keep the knob secure to the car.

lastly imma add a shift boot to cover everything up so it really looks like a manual. kinda wish my car was a manual. o well

pearlwhiteoz Jul 2, 2003 03:56 PM

yep!! RRM shift knob!!!! well i think my setups is still kinda gettoo right now...need more stuff to make it more beautiful...but btw..mine doesnt need any drilling or anything...simpling just stuck it up there..is the technique i use!!! lol...need some tricks tho!! lets just say if i wanna put my stock auto shift knob back on..will only take me 3 minutes!!
and yes my knob stays up there tightly...its not falling off or anything!
the trick is u need to somehow make it stays in the stick..and also stay on the little yellow peice...

pearlwhiteoz Jul 2, 2003 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oops forgot the pic

pinoyesv6 Jul 2, 2003 04:01 PM

Originally posted by pearlwhiteoz
yep!! RRM shift knob!!!! well i think my setups is still kinda gettoo right now...need more stuff to make it more beautiful...but btw..mine doesnt need any drilling or anything...simpling just stuck it up there..is the technique i use!!! lol...need some tricks tho!! lets just say if i wanna put my stock auto shift knob back on..will only take me 3 minutes!!
and yes my knob stays up there tightly...its not falling off or anything!
the trick is u need to somehow make it stays in the stick..and also stay on the little yellow peice...

mine doesn't need any drilling to the car. just drilling to the pipe so that the knob can stay on. mine doesn't do any damage to the car. switching between shift knobs is as simple as removing the two retaining screws and slipping the knob of choice. i used to just stick my knob there but i didn't like how the knob just wobbled while i drive or hell even fall off when taking hard turns.

ragez0r Oct 18, 2003 09:41 PM

i have overdrive.. and the razo push down knob doesnt have the o/d button.. is it possible to link the o/d feature to a button somewhere else ?