EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-show-shine-32/)
-   -   Vortex Generator for 2008+ Lancers? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-show-shine/309728-vortex-generator-2008-lancers.html)

razo Nov 25, 2007 05:18 PM

Vortex Generator for 2008+ Lancers?

:confused:

does anyone know if ‘someone’ is making a vortex generator for the 2008 lancers?
i had one of my 06…i just really like the look…

cheers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Updates (for now):

VG from Singapore:
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...jpg?341401-286

VG from x-factordesign.com
http://www.x-factordesign.com/Pictur...full;init:.jpg

krnkimchi702 Nov 25, 2007 05:24 PM

prolly not... dont u have to go mach one for the vortex generator to actually be functional? :lol:

razo Nov 25, 2007 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by krnkimchi702 (Post 4989871)
prolly not... dont u have to go mach one for the vortex generator to actually be functional? :lol:

there’s no such thing as a functional vortex generator on a 152hp tank. :lol:

i just really like the look that’s all… :(

David Kelly Nov 25, 2007 05:28 PM

no, it is always functional, but you probably won't notice any positive effects unless you have a wing and RWD.

i doubt any company is making on right now, as they don't do a whole lot for slow FWD cars. you could maybe get some company who makes carbon fiber to make one for you, though, custom.

the evo x might have one for it, i'd wait for it to be released.

razo Nov 25, 2007 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by David Kelly (Post 4989881)
no, it is always functional, but you probably won't notice any positive effects unless you have a wing and RWD.

i doubt any company is making on right now, as they don't do a whole lot for slow FWD cars. you could maybe get some company who makes carbon fiber to make one for you, though, custom.

the evo x might have one for it, i'd wait for it to be released.

i guess waiting for the evox might be the best idea…
i was thinking about having this guy i know fabricate one for me…but it would probably look bad. lol

btw…WW 08 DE FTW :lol:

NOTORIOUSLANCER Nov 25, 2007 06:52 PM

theres an 08 blue lancer i think that has a VG. search in the lancer show and shine section

NOTORIOUSLANCER Nov 25, 2007 07:01 PM

heres the dude with the VG

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2920349

check last vid..

razo Nov 25, 2007 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUSLANCER (Post 4990169)
heres the dude with the VG

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2920349

check last vid..

thanks for taking the time to look for it.
is it just me…or do those look individually stuck on?

Silens Nov 26, 2007 02:11 PM

Yes they are, see here

Blacksheepdj Nov 26, 2007 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Silens (Post 4992825)
Yes they are, see here

My hand started reaching for the Credit Card.

I seriously might buy those. You can't beat $20! {thumbup}

razo Nov 26, 2007 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silens (Post 4992825)
Yes they are, see here

Thanks for the link Silens!

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj (Post 4993245)
My hand started reaching for the Credit Card.

I seriously might buy those. You can't beat $20! {thumbup}

And yea, I must agree…$20 is well worth it…
at that price I might as well order two sets incase I lose some on the hwy! lol

razo Nov 26, 2007 04:39 PM

I think I’m going to order these…

But before I do…opinions please:

I have a White DE…so it has a lot of black accents (front grilles, door handles, trunk keyhole, and I have dark tinted windows all around…

So here’s my question…
Order the black ones for contrast (and they will also match the black roof antenna)
Or order the ones that can be painted and go body colour…

I’m leaning towards black…especially because it makes it easier for me. lol

David Kelly Nov 26, 2007 06:27 PM

black. for sure. i might buy them as well, but i won't if all you guys do loool. that blue lancer in the cardomain page linked is awesome though, with that splitter and the wheels. the taillights and spoiler aren't for me, but it looks awesome aside from that.

evo_soul Nov 26, 2007 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by razo (Post 4989878)
there’s no such thing as a functional vortex generator on a 152hp tank. :lol:

i just really like the look that’s all… :(

Ibet it works if you drive it off a cliff

David Kelly Nov 26, 2007 09:27 PM

no better than it would if you drove a tricycle off a cliff.

jappaswat Nov 27, 2007 06:37 AM

why don't you two test it out :lol:

at your own discretion

razo Nov 27, 2007 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by David Kelly (Post 4994531)
no better than it would if you drove a tricycle off a cliff.

hahaha

anyways…i decided i’m going to get them (in black)
if you want, you can wait for me to post pictures…but that won’t be until April (gonna wait for winter to pass)

Never Satisfied Dec 1, 2007 10:25 AM

Wow... and to think, so many people made fun of me when I put some on my car 7 months ago.

They look pretty good if you take the time to space them evenly and figure out a set angle for all of them.

Got mine for $7.95 when they first got put on the market. Mine are not quite as tall as those are.

*Edit - Just noticed they come with fairly detailed instructions with recommended angles. I think mine are angled about the same as they say to.

mitsuozboi Dec 1, 2007 11:06 AM

those stick on ones are hideous. imho

exodus22 Dec 29, 2007 02:27 PM

Has anyone here attached them yet ??? I heard they look like sh!t up close even if they are properly mounted and spaced ...

evo_soul Dec 29, 2007 05:49 PM

if everyone was serious about aerodynamics then they would do something about the rather large bubble air trap where the stock muffler use to be (for those who upgraded their exhausts) There is a rather large aerodynamic drag caused by the removal of the stock muffler.

I working on a under car air damn for a friend here, I will post details when I get my hands on the finished product.

nj_08_gts Dec 29, 2007 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul (Post 5100569)
if everyone was serious about aerodynamics then they would do something about the rather large bubble air trap where the stock muffler use to be (for those who upgraded their exhausts) There is a rather large aerodynamic drag caused by the removal of the stock muffler.

I working on a under car air damn for a friend here, I will post details when I get my hands on the finished product.

Wow...that never even occurred to me. Some kind of air dam/diffuser would be great. Although, making it "universal" fit might be a little tough, as there are a lot of different exhaust sizes/configurations.

RussellM Dec 29, 2007 07:14 PM

Mitsubishi hasn't released anything as of yet, but aftermarket may first. I bet they will though. Keep an eye out.

evo_soul Dec 31, 2007 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts (Post 5100732)
Wow...that never even occurred to me. Some kind of air dam/diffuser would be great. Although, making it "universal" fit might be a little tough, as there are a lot of different exhaust sizes/configurations.

I am working with a sponsor to develop a three piece kit for the underside that will work around most if not all exhausts currently out there. remember you just need air guides / flaps in the right place to properly divert the air. if done properly, downforce will be greated at high speeds. The effect is profound in the race world. Our cars are hardly race cars, but turning drag into proper air flow and downforce is a positive thing.

Pulling some favors but trying to utilize a campus airtunnel for the trial and error parts.

Its fun, but the project isnt moving as fast as I would like it too.

target is to have a working final project part done by Feb or March, I have run out project cars so it will involve me using the EVOSOUL 3 Car, but if enough money comes in, I might be buying a semi wreaked car from an auction.

LancerGTS Dec 31, 2007 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Never Satisfied (Post 5011367)
Wow... and to think, so many people made fun of me when I put some on my car 7 months ago.

They look pretty good if you take the time to space them evenly and figure out a set angle for all of them.

Got mine for $7.95 when they first got put on the market. Mine are not quite as tall as those are.

*Edit - Just noticed they come with fairly detailed instructions with recommended angles. I think mine are angled about the same as they say to.

I think most people will still be making fun of you even though two more people purchased them.

nj_08_gts Dec 31, 2007 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul (Post 5104541)
I am working with a sponsor to develop a three piece kit for the underside that will work around most if not all exhausts currently out there. remember you just need air guides / flaps in the right place to properly divert the air. if done properly, downforce will be greated at high speeds. The effect is profound in the race world. Our cars are hardly race cars, but turning drag into proper air flow and downforce is a positive thing.

Pulling some favors but trying to utilize a campus airtunnel for the trial and error parts.

Its fun, but the project isnt moving as fast as I would like it too.

target is to have a working final project part done by Feb or March, I have run out project cars so it will involve me using the EVOSOUL 3 Car, but if enough money comes in, I might be buying a semi wreaked car from an auction.

Awesome. Definitely keep us posted {thumbup}

veilside prius Jan 6, 2008 01:26 PM

i have Vgs on my Prius

Jake26 Feb 11, 2008 06:12 PM

the real ones are 39" from trim to trim long. Our roof from trim to trim is 40.25"long i am sure if we order the regular ones for evo 9 and stick it on with some good double sided tape it will look awesome too. Now the problem with this is that our antenna is further up on the roof than the evos, or older lancers. I have done a photoshop of how this might look like.

Before photoshop (notice antenna being further up)

https://img147.imageshack.us/img147/...e333026yx8.jpg

After photoshop

http://sixpop.com/images/file/2135673.jpg

now basically, to those lancer owners that cars didnt come with sirius sat radio. You can take the original antenna off and install the vortex generator as pictured in the photoshop ( do at ur own risk ) but there will be a 2-3" gap between the rear window and the actual vortex generator....Ebay has really cheap ones, if you wanna test with this. Personally i would not buy the seperate stick on ones as the guy on cardomain did.

tdanmorello Feb 16, 2008 10:13 PM

I can't remember but the VG's for the 08 have been brought up before. Someone on the forum knows a lot about the aerodynamics and found some stuff from :mitsu: about the airflow of the new 08. I looked like what the VG's accomplished on the 9 would kill the good airflow on the 08 with the factory design.
I maybe be wrong but I would do a forum search first instead of buying some crappy VGs and screwing up airflow that :mitsu: fixed for this model. Good luck!

hadeswolf Aug 25, 2008 09:14 AM

Any updates or news on the VG's? I'm really hoping someone comes out with one for our Lancers.

hadeswolf Aug 26, 2008 08:43 PM

Finally found a company that makes them specifically for the 08 Lancers. http://www.x-factordesign.com/bodykit
But its kinda pricey IMO. Maybe i'll wait til someone else makes them.

Sofla GTS Aug 26, 2008 09:34 PM

55 is pretty good

hadeswolf Aug 27, 2008 02:36 PM

Shipping is around 60. If it was under 70 buks with shipping I'd get it.

Sofla GTS Aug 27, 2008 07:14 PM

Shipping is 60 bucks !??

hadeswolf Aug 28, 2008 01:32 PM

Ya, I just got a quote from them through email. And it would be 107 shipped to Miami Florida... Thats a bit expensive..

hadeswolf Sep 10, 2008 10:00 AM

So any updates on this thread?

homieG Sep 10, 2008 10:15 AM

getting these shipped to me today. will post pics once i install it.

Sofla GTS Sep 10, 2008 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by hadeswolf (Post 6059143)
Ya, I just got a quote from them through email. And it would be 107 shipped to Miami Florida... Thats a bit expensive..

u live in miami!
join my crew
soflancer.com
!!!!!
but i got quoted 97 bro for coral springs

hadeswolf Sep 10, 2008 03:03 PM

Really? Where you guys meet? Maybe I'll pop by sometime. I'm usually really busy, first year of college ain't that fun lol.

SabaUnited Sep 11, 2008 10:30 AM

Yea my quote to PA was about 98 with discount. They told me the measurment is "corner edge to the antena is 10.5cm". I don't think it will fit with my shark fin :(

hadeswolf Sep 13, 2008 10:39 PM

I don't think it would look good with a shark fin anyways. But I don't know I guess I'll wait til another company makes it. Then I'll compare them.

L.Lancer1 Sep 13, 2008 11:02 PM

**** if it was 55 total id get them in a heartbeat, ive talked to peoplt hat just get em off ebay for like 30 bucks that includes shipping.

hadeswolf Sep 14, 2008 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by L.Lancer1 (Post 6114458)
**** if it was 55 total id get them in a heartbeat, ive talked to peoplt hat just get em off ebay for like 30 bucks that includes shipping.

WTF?! Where? Do they fit the 08 Lancers? I've been looking on ebay and haven't found anything.

ACCOLADE Sep 24, 2008 01:56 AM

Our Vortex Gen Will be Ready by Next Week

homieG Sep 24, 2008 07:09 AM

^ wanna post some pics?

AhFuJai Sep 24, 2008 07:54 AM

hope accolade looks like the rexspeed one... that one is niceee

Monchy-GTS Sep 24, 2008 09:27 AM

+2^^^ some pics and price$$$ {thumbup}

AhFuJai Sep 24, 2008 01:20 PM

hey btw monchy-gts u wanna take a pic of ur front ?? i really wanna see how ww gts looks with the apr splitter... im thinking bout getting one

Firaso17 Sep 24, 2008 03:46 PM

guys i got mine set up already ..check it out at this main page ..its called
Two Canadian Lancers - Creative Photoshoot
the black car is mine

AhFuJai Sep 24, 2008 04:09 PM

hey where did u buy it?

hadeswolf Oct 20, 2008 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by ACCOLADE (Post 6151256)
Our Vortex Gen Will be Ready by Next Week

Bringing back the old post. I don't see any vortex generators on the site.

Haddy Oct 20, 2008 07:15 PM

+3 Price and Pics.

AhFuJai Oct 21, 2008 05:33 PM

bump bump

mxviper73 Oct 22, 2008 05:33 PM

Rexspeed has it in many colors for the 08+, good prices too.

Nathan0490 Oct 22, 2008 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by mxviper73 (Post 6262566)
Rexspeed has it in many colors for the 08+, good prices too.

Link?

Haddy Oct 23, 2008 04:54 PM

x2

razo Oct 23, 2008 04:58 PM

i think i’m going to wait for this one:

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...jpg?341401-286

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...jpg?410703-285

AhFuJai Oct 23, 2008 05:49 PM

that one is nice but i would prefer it to have more spoke than just 3 on both sides..

lancer0220 Oct 23, 2008 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by AhFuJai (Post 6267098)
that one is nice but i would prefer it to have more spoke than just 3 on both sides..

that and those fins are too big. id stick with xfactordesign's.
im going to order theres soon

Haddy Oct 23, 2008 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by razo (Post 6266913)

who makes this one? link?

The xfactordesigns are nice, but im not paying 50-60 bucks for shipping.

razo Oct 23, 2008 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Haddy (Post 6267467)
who makes this one? link?

The xfactordesigns are nice, but im not paying 50-60 bucks for shipping.

the company that produces them is located in Singapore
there is no actual link for it…all I know is that a member in my local club is working something out with them to have it shipped to Canada…

as for the x-factor ones, they are cool and all…i just think the gap in the middle looks weird, and the fins are a little to pointy for my liking…

Monchy-GTS Oct 23, 2008 08:44 PM

^^^+1 who makes this vortex link please

Haddy Oct 23, 2008 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by razo (Post 6267718)
the company that produces them is located in Singapore
there is no actual link for it…all I know is that a member in my local club is working something out with them to have it shipped to Canada…

as for the x-factor ones, they are cool and all…i just think the gap in the middle looks weird, and the fins are a little to pointy for my liking…

Let me know if you find anything out.

Its pretty much looking like pay 40+ 60 for shipping or nothing at all. Boo. :(

hadeswolf Oct 25, 2008 08:37 PM

I just ordered mine from x-factor design and I must say, their customer service is superb. Order from them if your not looking for carbon fiber ones. Mine should be arriving in a week, I'll post some pictures after. I paid about 100 buks shipped for mine.

lancer0220 Oct 25, 2008 08:45 PM

www.x-factordesign.com/

if you think you will find it cheaper than about 100.00 shipped (and painted) then get it somewhere else. someone in the states may sell it for 85.00 + 15.00 shipping . when it comes down to it , it will cost atleast 25.00 to ship an irregular size item like a vortex generator within the states so unless someone decides to sell it for less than 75.00 (plus 25.00 shipping) your not gonna find it cheaper.

and their customer service is great. nice guys

again shipping high because they are in Singapore and when you think about it the box will be small but it will be OVERSIZE, international shipments of oversized or irregular sized items (even if they arent heavy) are quite pricey.

Also it comes painted to match factory, these guys make OEM quality products and have OEM paint colors.

razo Oct 25, 2008 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Haddy (Post 6267816)
Let me know if you find anything out.

will do :thumbup:

Haddy Oct 28, 2008 08:09 PM

Bumpage.
{thumbup}

chetman7 Oct 28, 2008 08:15 PM

jsut to put out there...these VG will not work if u have the navigation system

Me and a representative from X-factor are workin on measurements as redoing the mold