EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-show-shine-32/)
-   -   WRX hood scoop (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-show-shine/35657-wrx-hood-scoop.html)

AtO-MiX Aug 19, 2003 11:02 AM

WRX hood scoop

hey guys i was wondering do any of u know if the WRX /Sti hood scoop could be fitted to a US lancer cause i want a scoop and i dont like the evo one if u could get back to me on this

bobaab Aug 19, 2003 11:05 AM

anything can be fitted with some modification.

Guru_Del Aug 19, 2003 11:08 AM

sure. it would fit. You are just gonna need a body shop to do it right. It may look ok actually if done right. Just remember if you like it then do it. Cause i am sure there will be others who do not.

GranMassaX Aug 19, 2003 11:27 AM

Re: WRX hood scoop

Originally posted by AtO-MiX
hey guys i was wondering do any of u know if the WRX /Sti hood scoop could be fitted to a US lancer cause i want a scoop and i dont like the evo one if u could get back to me on this

hmmm... didn't know the EVO had a hood scoop, I'll have to look at mine more closely next time. :spin:

Necros Aug 20, 2003 12:57 PM

I think a huge hood scope on a little N/A lancer es is pointless and rice.

Sailorgoon Aug 20, 2003 01:07 PM

Originally posted by Guru_Del
Just remember if you like it then do it. Cause i am sure there will be others who do not.
Seems there's already at least one person that decided to let you know they don't like it.

I think it would look alright, if the body work was done properly. It's be best if you can rig it so it's functional. If yuo did that, then I'd think it's a great idea.

If yuo block it or use it just to cool the motor, then I won't be so enthused, but if you like it, that's all that matters.

GPTourer Aug 20, 2003 01:31 PM

Do you realize the shear amount of hatred you will receive for doing this? Probably don't care huh? :D

At any rate, do it if you must, but it'd be like putting a "5.0" emblem on a V6 Camaro. A "GT-R" emblem on a base Celica,
A Supra Wing on a Probe, etc, et al You get my drift.

Look at some of these generic scoops here maybe one of these not so "rival vehicle" specific scoops will cause less "stress."

Good luck.

mobius97 Aug 20, 2003 03:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah you wouldnt want an identiy crisis like this guy. Notice the window banner TRD, hmmmmm, and you can also make out the integra type r are sticker sideways on the hood. Yep man you guessed it's a Honda CRX powered by toyota with the soul of an integra type r. Don't forget to also marvel at the functional hood scoop either. If I saw a Lancer with a STI hood scoop I dont know what I would think. Im not you tho man, everyone has different tastes.

Epidemic Aug 20, 2003 03:18 PM

ato-mix, i live in san antonio and have never seen ure car. Why don't you post in the san antonio forums?

psmokie68 Aug 20, 2003 04:38 PM

do you plan on makin the scoop inwards or above the hood?

psmokie68 Aug 20, 2003 04:40 PM

he's the first san antonio full body kit lancer for what i know...

Originally

posted by Epidemic

ato-mix, i live in san antonio and have never seen ure car. Why don't you post in the san antonio forums?

Chris in HB Aug 20, 2003 04:46 PM

Might just be easier finding a CF or fiberglass hood with a scoop already on it. I am sure someone has to make it. Probably APC... :spin:

ChrisS. Aug 20, 2003 06:07 PM

I do not think the hood scoop would look to good on the Evo.....Anyone, a photoshop contest?????

ChrisOaty Aug 20, 2003 08:55 PM

doesn't :mitsu: generally go with a front mount intercooler? which means no hood scoop? I mean, if looks is all ur goin for, go ahead and try to stop shome shows with it, but dont make it too dramatic, especially not off of a subaru. Do what you think looks nice, but too bulky of a scoop on a smaller car would throw the looks off a bit IMO

Keyser Soze Aug 20, 2003 09:11 PM

I dont think that this will look good on a lancer at all ... besides why do you want to stare at that big thing in the middle of your hood anyway.. maybe a smaller profile one would work better... if your wanting to upgrade to a turbo i think chrisotay is right your gonna have a front mount intercooler anyway..... If this is for show that huge STi scoop would overpower the langer hood i think