Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

2008 aftermarket suspension & brake parts list

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey black, doesnt TEIN carry some springs? Do you have to cut the bumptops to install?
Old Mar 30, 2008, 01:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by otter
Oo, I forgot to add that the 08 Lancer ES shares the same rear pads as the Ralliart. I'll add that to the above posts. As a warning to ES owners, if you intend to order rear pads, do so early. I'm finding that nobody keeps them in stock, so you have to wait awhile to get them.

For whatever reason, the GTS doesn't have the same rear caliper as the ES, so that should be noted. The rear Hawk pads listed above won't work on the GTS.
Interesting. The Hawk pads listed came up specifically in a search for GTS models...

Originally Posted by IsaRic
hey black, doesnt TEIN carry some springs? Do you have to cut the bumptops to install?
READ THE POSTS!

Tein does not make 2008 springs. But you can slap the OZ/RA versions on your car and they work.

Because you're putting on springs from a different car, I don't know about the bumpstops. I would think so, since I cut them when I put the Tein S-techs on my 2002 Lancer.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:26 PM

i want to put the OZ ralliart tein S-techs but im not too sure if they would fit..with 19"x 8.5 +45 offset rims would S-techs be okay for my car??..and does anyone have problems with teins so far..for ppl that have them do i need to cut the bumpstops? thx
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by 1saiah
i want to put the OZ ralliart tein S-techs but im not too sure if they would fit..with 19"x 8.5 +45 offset rims would S-techs be okay for my car??..and does anyone have problems with teins so far..for ppl that have them do i need to cut the bumpstops? thx
Yeah, they'd go on, but it's not an ideal solution. You'd be better served getting springs made for the 2008 model...

Not sure on rubbing with such a big wheel. The Teins do have an aggressive drop.

Yes, you'd cut the bumpstops which also means you'd lose the dust covers.
Old May 22, 2008, 10:35 AM

Has anyone actually used any of these spring kits listed? If so, then wich ones and how satisfied are you? I'm just trying to figure out which ones I'm gonna buy.
Old May 22, 2008, 03:17 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by dem1983
Has anyone actually used any of these spring kits listed? If so, then wich ones and how satisfied are you? I'm just trying to figure out which ones I'm gonna buy.
Works and RRM have gotten the most sales. Most people are pretty happy with them.
Old May 28, 2008, 09:27 PM

Ok so I have narrowed it down to the rrm and the works spring kits. Not sure which one to go with. I've heard from a few people that the rrm kit doesn't really seem to add much drop in the front, just the back regardless of what rrm says. Is this true? Which one should I go with?
Old May 28, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

well... I installed my RRM GRIP v2 front springs this past Saturday.... and after 80+ miles of hard driving in the mountains.... my front end is sitting at the same height that I see in Blacksheep's pictures, and he has WORKS springs.

I need to double check that I seated the springs properly before I make any assumptions on the height drop.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 01:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
Oo, I forgot to add that the 08 Lancer ES shares the same rear pads as the Ralliart. I'll add that to the above posts. As a warning to ES owners, if you intend to order rear pads, do so early. I'm finding that nobody keeps them in stock, so you have to wait awhile to get them.

For whatever reason, the GTS doesn't have the same rear caliper as the ES, so that should be noted. The rear Hawk pads listed above won't work on the GTS.
I believe the brake set-up on the GTS was taken from the Outlander and therefore has larger size calipers and rotors on all four corners
Old Jul 5, 2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lancerlover
I believe the brake set-up on the GTS was taken from the Outlander and therefore has larger size calipers and rotors on all four corners
I've heard that the GTS brake setup was pulled from the Outlander aswell in some reviews from well known sources. I would be willing to take their word on it
Old Oct 18, 2008, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Are there any other coilovers out yet from JDM manufacturers? Cusco, Tein, HKS, Zeal etc?? just wondering..
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:54 PM

As on my other posts, I have mentioned I have a 09' Lancer ES Sport and I want to modify it to be a beautiful, but yet dangerous street machine. Im am not rich so I'll be buying in pieces. Im not to familiar with suspensions so Im wondering what would be the best purchases for my Lancer. Which one I should buy first etc.... Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 30, 2009, 04:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
read through the threads.... they will answer all of your questions
Old Feb 7, 2009, 07:29 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by bye2u
Are there any other coilovers out yet from JDM manufacturers? Cusco, Tein, HKS, Zeal etc?? just wondering..
We are working with Aragosta/AST to bring you high quality WORKS Lancer coilovers soon. One of our prototype Lancers will be equipped with them in a couple of weeks.

Then we will be performing extensive track testing on-site here at Infineon Raceway (aka Sears Point).

Once we are satisfied with the design and valving, we should begin production this spring/summer.

If you are interested in them, just email sales@worksmotorsports.com to put your name on the waiting list so you'll be the first to be contacted.

Pricing has not been set yet due to finalizing the design but we are aiming to bring you the best value possible.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

anyone know of some nice rear pads for the GTS? preferably with matching front pads. also im looking for some slotted rotors besides what RRM sells. anyone see any? RRM now has slotted rears too if you wanna add those

Quick Reply: 2008 aftermarket suspension & brake parts list