Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

strut bars, sway bars, and coilovers from OBX

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2002, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
strut bars, sway bars, and coilovers from OBX

OBX has made a few suspension products for the lancer along with a list of engine mods and exhaust systems also.....check them out at

obxracingsports.com
Old May 12, 2002, 02:50 AM
Evolved Member

all the **** ont hat site isnt lright some of it says 1.8 lancer 02 up some **** says 2.0 dohc lancer o2 and up some **** sys lancer not even under mitsubishi grouped wiht some altimas and 200sx's what gives? of they claim to have all this **** for sale and it really is i woul'd be buying it like crazy i would be on the phone wiht tem right now ordering everythign i could specaly a new header

doese anyone else make headers for the lancer?
Old May 12, 2002, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

can someone tell me the difference between rear lower sway bar and rear upper strut bar? where is the rear upper strut bar located?
Old May 12, 2002, 10:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the rear sway bar sits behind the rear wheel well and under the trunk on the undercarriage of the car. Strut tower I'm sure you've seen. Under the hood and whatnot. OZ's have a sway bar standard, but its effectiveness...

I wouldn't consider needed it essential unless you put your chasis under some serious stress (i.e. autox. And even then I doubt it's an absolute necessity). Hope that helps.
Old May 12, 2002, 08:30 PM

ralliart
the rear lower sway bar attaches somewhere on the under carriage, the rear upper probably in the trunk somewhere, though i'm having a tough time thinking of where it might attach, so it might also be in the undercariage. call them up and get an idea, also see if they are really making stuff for our car, or if they just have a clueless webmaster.

but all of the sway bars will stiffen the car, and provide for less flexing, and more direct steering.

hope that helps

shamus
Old May 12, 2002, 08:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Rear strut bars attach to the tops of the strut mounts just like the front strut bars...only they're in your trunk. I haven't even though to look, but I'm fairly certain your strut tower is covered in carpet on their side of your trunk. You could see the bolts similar to those up front if you take up your trunk lining.
Old May 13, 2002, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

thanx guys, i knew what they did i just wasnt sure about the rear upper strut bar until now....thanks alot guys...ill give OBX an email or a call and ill get back to you guys pronto.....i could really use their sway bars, strut bars, and a pair of eibach springs
Old Oct 22, 2004, 09:36 AM

Yes the Rear strut tower bar is definetly on the top of the wheel well. The only problem is you have to de-carpet the whole trunk to get to them, have fun, it took me a good 3 hours to get them installed. I just cut a hole in the carpeting so it can still stay in the trunk and the brace just kinda poked through the carpet from one side to the next, works damn nice though. although I bought a set of strut tower braces and I found the front will work on the ES version but not the OZ, can anyone give me any suggestions?
Old Oct 22, 2004, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

umm, why'd you bring this thread back?? it's over 2 years old???