Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

questions, questions, questions...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question questions, questions, questions...

first question: does anyone have a dropped lancer and use it as a daily driver? i ask this question because the weather here in jersey BLOWS and it rains and snows. i just wanted to know for those of you dropped on springs, do you drive it when its snowing or through deep/shallow floods [not voluntarily of course ] and have no problems with it at all? i dont want to drop it throughout most of the year and have to put on the stock ones back on just for the winter, its just not practical.. i just want to be at ease about this snow/rain bit and not have to worry about it when seasons change.

second question [this is the easy one]: eibachs or tein S techs? and no, i DO NOT have the money for those coilovers.. unless of course everyone in this forum wants to donate $1.00 to get them for me for christmas?

LAST question: do the eibachs or the teins settle MORE after install or they sit at a consistent height from the beginning? if they do settle, is it a lot?

sorry for all the questions, but thanks in advance for anyone who answers them..
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

i used mine as a dd, roads and rain in seattle suck, id do progress then tein then eibach in that order, teins settle more then eibach when u lift car up and let it down.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

you'd go for the eibach last?! i was looking for the least drop hehe. and ur saying the tein sits LOWER than the eibachs after they settle?
Old Oct 8, 2003, 05:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: questions, questions, questions...

Originally posted by majestic lancer

LAST question: do the eibachs or the teins settle MORE after install or they sit at a consistent height from the beginning? if they do settle, is it a lot?

It depends on whom the manufacturer of the springs are in regards to the amount of settling that occurs after installation. Both H&R and Eibach cycle their springs after forming to “pre-settle” the springs so the effect is minimal if any. Some other spring companies may not do this, and the springs will settle considerably (1” or more). In some cases I have seen the H&R and Eibach settle another ¼” in extreme cases, but that is not the norm.
Old Oct 12, 2003, 10:10 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a dropped Lancer and I drive it 20k miles per year. But I've never driven it in the snow because, well it never snows where I live What's this thing they call Winter? It's freakin' 90 degrees today!!!

As for springs, I've heard some complaints about the Teins sagging, so I'd tend to favor Progress and Eibach
Old Oct 13, 2003, 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

I'm a little south of ya and wondering the same. Right now I'm looking to get the Eibachs, most of what I've seen and read, they are what I want. I am not looking to slam the car, just a nice drop and even it up a little more. Plus Eibach is a good company. Good luck with your choice, thought I would add my opinion.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by nasdale
I'm a little south of ya and wondering the same. Right now I'm looking to get the Eibachs, most of what I've seen and read, they are what I want. I am not looking to slam the car, just a nice drop and even it up a little more. Plus Eibach is a good company. Good luck with your choice, thought I would add my opinion.
as of right now, im going the eibach route too. i still wanna know if anyone has driven their dropped car through snow yet? bcoz i really wanna drop my car right now, but i dont know if its worth it, especially with the possible risk of snow storms coming in the near future. the only thing i could think of that could go wrong is the halite salt f***king up my front lip due to the lower height. but does anyone think that a drop will give you better handling even in the snow? now thats the question i really want answered.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Majestic, wish I had some answers for ya on the handling part. I think as far as the salt goes, just try to keep a eye on it. Throw some water on the front lip if it looks like it's starting to collect. Good luck!!