Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Shakie tires Suck!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shakie tires Suck!

So, I recently picked up some snow tires with rims from a buddy at a tire shop for a cash deal. They were both used for maybe one season. Performance is mediocre. My real concern is now, when I hit about 70km the steering wheel shakes a bit, but at 80-90km I feel it in my legs big time and things like my ipod near the shifter rattle around! WTF?! The big shakes go away at 90+ but the wheel still shakes...I do a lot of highway driving and don't want a tire flying off. I torqued em today and the lugs were fine....but hell am I scared I wasted $$$$!!

Would a centering ring fix this or should I just get new wheels? I really don't want the dealer not honoring any warranty issues cause of some mishap. And I definitely can't afford new ****! Help please!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

It might need to be balance again.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

^yep
Old Dec 9, 2010, 12:48 PM

Def get them balanced... would prob have a front end aligment done also since you have been driving around on them and been having a lot of shakes.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 06:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by THATSFIVE
So, I recently picked up some snow tires with rims from a buddy at a tire shop for a cash deal. They were both used for maybe one season. Performance is mediocre. My real concern is now, when I hit about 70km the steering wheel shakes a bit, but at 80-90km I feel it in my legs big time and things like my ipod near the shifter rattle around! WTF?! The big shakes go away at 90+ but the wheel still shakes...I do a lot of highway driving and don't want a tire flying off. I torqued em today and the lugs were fine....but hell am I scared I wasted $$$$!!

Would a centering ring fix this or should I just get new wheels? I really don't want the dealer not honoring any warranty issues cause of some mishap. And I definitely can't afford new ****! Help please!

This is real easy, take it back. take them for a drive in the car. If they cant feel it then be more firm. If they try to BS you. talk to the owner.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
probably going to need centering rings, as what you described is exactly what happens when you dont run hubcentric rings.