Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

drop zone lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drop zone lowering springs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33582

i found these on ebay also im thinking about getting these for my car and its a good price also! i have heard good reviews on these springs
Old Jan 7, 2004, 01:06 PM

i have dropzone lowering springs installed. its pretty good for lowering the car.. but my rides now a lot more bumpier (i dont know if thats normal with all lowering springs)..
Old Jan 7, 2004, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

usually, when you lower your car, its either more bumpy or more stiff.. i dont know what springs give you what to a certain extent, but a real bumpy ride can be normal depending on the springs you purchase.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:10 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any time you lower your car, you reduce the amount of suspension travel. And if the springs are made properly and won't destroy your shocks, they are stiffer too. That makes for a bumpier ride. But now your car looks cooler and handles much better, right?
Old Jan 8, 2004, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't trust these springs personally. Usually in the run of things with the aftermarket, you get what you pay for. There is a reason why Eibach, Progress, and Tein all charge in the range of $140-$220 for their springs depending on where you get them from. I found a set of Tein S-Tech on www.groupbuycenter.com for $145 shipped to your door, which to me is a really good buy on springs that usually run $175 + shipping.

Another thing to consider is the amount lowered. I know with the aforementioned springs, the drop is not significant enough to blow your shocks in an extremely short period of time. These drop zones look like they will surpass that and you'll blow your shocks pretty quickly, and if you don't have an ES, there's no cheap replacement.