Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Considering sway/strut bars

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 04:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Considering sway/strut bars

I recently bought a 2009 Lancer CY (sedan, I believe it's the euro equivalent of the ES). I live in an area that has a lot of roundabouts and curvy roads and noticed the car suffers from quite a bit of body roll when cornering. There are also many speed bumps around here located in the center of the road (thus traversed with only one side of the car) and I don't want to compromise the ride quality too much. I wonder what difference a sway bar and/or strut bar will make and I figured this would be the right place to ask.

Also, does an Evo strut bar fit my lancer? I have a hard time finding one for different models.

Thanks in advance.
The following users liked this post:
Cajes54 (Sep 30, 2019)
Old Feb 18, 2019, 05:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hello & welcome aboard

Hey, im not expert on the non EvO Lancers but generally speaking:

A rear sway bar & suspension springs would be a great upgrade to your Lancer. Springs & rear sway bar coupled w/a wheel tire upgrade (wider wheels & tires / lower profile tire recommended as well)

Not sure about the upper strut bar. Adding a strut bar is OK but you will not notice any performance enhancement. The bar certainly adds uni-body rigidity but noticing the diff is not really possible

The following users liked this post:
Cajes54 (Sep 30, 2019)