EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-sponsored-tire-rack-58/)
-   -   squeeking Brakes US LANCER (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-sponsored-tire-rack/2982-squeeking-brakes-us-lancer.html)

Hktyle Apr 1, 2002 01:03 PM

squeeking Brakes US LANCER

Hi Peoples.. Im am currently having a problem with my brakes... When i step on it to slow down.. it squeeks... Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Hktyle Apr 1, 2002 01:04 PM

i almost forgot.. my current mileage is 8300

2wenty2 Apr 1, 2002 01:51 PM

hey mine too and im at about the same milage. maybe its already time to get new pads. that seems kinda quick

nezoid Apr 2, 2002 01:56 AM

I've hit 13,000+ miles in my lancer and I don't have any squeaks... just thought you would like to know.

Apr 2, 2002 03:34 AM

i'm almost to 10,000 without a peep.

do ya'll drive hard? at or mt?

plastikpyro Apr 2, 2002 03:51 AM

rainy weather and dust will do that. If you want the brake noise to stop just have your pads resurfaced and clean out any brake dust on the rotors. Mine did some squeaking but i quickly put an end to that.

Hktyle Apr 3, 2002 01:18 AM

i drive a Manual.. and what does that have to do with the brakes? Jrooster did you clean the brakepads yourself? And thats for the tip..

EvoSouL Apr 3, 2002 02:29 AM

Originally posted by 2wenty2
hey mine too and im at about the same milage. maybe its already time to get new pads. that seems kinda quick
hey 2wenty2

You should not even think getting new pads until you've reached at LEAST 35,000 miles, depending on your driving. The sound that you hear are normal brake pad wear on certain car models (it doesn't mean they are bad), although I didn't know that it happened on Lancers as well as Hyundais.
I changed mine when I hit 55,000 miles, but then again Hondas last on their own :p (Oh, and with minmal maintenance, with every 5000 miles oil change, not synthetic) :headbng2:

HobieKopek Apr 3, 2002 02:51 AM

Ok, I gotta ask...EvoSoul, do you work for Honda? :rolleyes:

EvoSouL Apr 3, 2002 03:02 AM

ROFL!

how did you know? :p

but that'll change once the Evo arrives :D

HolocaustLost Apr 3, 2002 01:19 PM

Originally posted by Hktyle
i drive a Manual.. and what does that have to do with the brakes?

in automatics you have to brake a lot more rather than letting the transmission brake for you

mcbrown35 Jul 18, 2002 09:21 PM

What mileage...

So with normal driving conditions stock brake pads should last 35,000 miles?

Anybody else have any opinions?

Manual '02 OZ...16,000 miles

uranium9v Jul 18, 2002 10:04 PM

Stock pads are ****. I'm at around 26k mi. and mine are toast. Putting on Road Race brakes today. Notice the LARGE amount of brake dust on your front wheels? I've never seen brakes burn that fast.

Wallesasuaz Jul 18, 2002 11:06 PM

hehe..

i'm at 6800 miles on my baby. Mine a squeeking and everything, plus you can even tell it's time to change them because minimized braking power and the brake pedal sinks in a little deeper than usual. so that means it's time to chang'em.

stock brake pads don't last too long. And another thing, how the hell are you at 30 something thousand miles without changing your pads?.. they won't even last that long... or am i mistaken.

EvoSouL Jul 18, 2002 11:12 PM

I drive a Honda so that explains the durability and workmanship of the car. ;) They can go past 30k miles (like I said earlier I changed mine a little over 50,000 miles. Can you seriously compare an "H" car to a Mitsu? :p :dunno:

j/k :mitsu: 0wnz of course :p