EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-sponsored-tire-rack-58/)
-   -   Toyo Proxes 4 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-sponsored-tire-rack/97355-toyo-proxes-4-a.html)

Biggins82786 Sep 6, 2004 05:54 PM

Toyo Proxes 4

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the Toyo Proxes 4's because i am needing to get new tires and i am trying to get away from crappy tires... no names... kumho... and i was just wondering if the tires or the toyo company in general are any good?

thanx
biggins

kuniboy Sep 6, 2004 05:57 PM

My friend has them on his bimmer. he loves them. I'm thinking of getting them too. I like the threadwear of 340 and the thread pattern. You can't go wrong. Did you check out Edgeracing.com yet?? they have great prices on them Toyo. {thumbup}

Biggins82786 Sep 6, 2004 06:30 PM

yea i checked them out but right now they are having trouble with all the hurricanes and stuff like that. is your friend a very aggressive driver or no? because i am wandering if they are good for performance and also if they are good for treadwear and long life.

kuniboy Sep 6, 2004 06:34 PM

No, he is not an aggressive driver. If you are going to put it on your OZ, it should be more than enough.

Biggins82786 Sep 6, 2004 06:38 PM

do you know if the sidewall is very durable and are they good in wet and dry?

kuniboy Sep 6, 2004 06:44 PM

wet and dry performance is great he says. and they are Z rated = stiffer sidewall.

Biggins82786 Sep 7, 2004 05:06 PM

hey man i decided to go ahead and get the proxes 4's because they were only $324 shipped to my doorstep so what the hey. i just hope that they are worth that much money.

has anyone ever dealt with edgeracing.com before, if so how was their service? any problems?

thanx
biggins

Toddevo 8 Sep 7, 2004 05:15 PM

I have them on my evo, good rain tire not as loud as the advans. handle pretty good. if you sre not going to auto cross you should be ok.

mars Sep 7, 2004 05:19 PM

got them on my lancer and i love them- good choice

Biggins82786 Sep 7, 2004 06:15 PM

how many miles do you guys have on them?

Blacksheepdj Sep 7, 2004 09:08 PM

I have them and I'm in Ohio. We get all kinds of crazy weather. Put about 20k on them, and they still grip like champs. And I drive like a ****in nutcase, so they'll do anything you want and still hold the road. Greatest tires I've ever had.

Biggins82786 Sep 12, 2004 06:32 PM

hey guys i got the proxes 4's put on today, which by the way the pep boys in savannah ga blows a big one, but the prices arent bad. it was $96 for an allignment and mounting and balancing 4 tires. is it customary to mount and balance a set of 4 tires and only put weights on the right front tire? i did not know if that was right or if the guy just didnt know what he was doing.

thanx
biggins

kuniboy Sep 12, 2004 07:02 PM

:confused: weights should be placed on all 4 rims.

Biggins82786 Sep 13, 2004 05:59 PM

that is exactly what i thought but for some reason the guy at pep boys only put weights on the right front wheel. also, when he took the old weights off so he could balance with the new tires he just popped the weights off and left the adhesive part on the back of the weights on the inside of my wheels! does this seem shady to anybody else or is it just me?

thanx
biggins

coolguylee Jun 16, 2005 06:50 PM

I have toyo prosex4 for my evo. it's great tire for street as all season tire!

can't compare it with Advan but on street they rock! after they couple of miles,

I feel better conering, grip