Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

AWD conversion info thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A

Originally Posted by Mex24x
LoL I'm glad to see this thread cause I was about to convert my FWD GTS to AWD and add a turbo. Cause of the RRM Lancer Video I saw but unfortunately my GTS got totaled by an 18 wheeler?

No worries I got a truck has a replacement for two months n in November-December I'm getting my EVO X GSR
Did u get ur evo gsr?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 02:25 PM

FWD to AWD completed?

Originally Posted by Alchem1st
^Thanks! It's no biggie, this is just for kicks and giggles while I wait for my AWD bits to come in. (still several weeks out ) Well, looks to me like the diff mounts are indeed there. I'll have a closer look at Rog's sportback to see about the rest. I'd say a conversion wouldn't be hard at all if you sort out the electronics. If you did a full conversion with the wiring there should be absolutely no issues! (in theory mind you)
Alchem1st,
I don't see later pages in this thread. Did you ever complete the FWD to AWD build?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by RotorGlowGTS
Fwd is lighter weight so whoever said fwd is faster was assuming a drag race situation. Awd is quicker off the line and far superior on any surface not just perfectly paved roads like the fwd. Cornering goes to the awd as well. The Lancer Ralliart gets its awd system from the Evo IX. You would want the awd system out of the Lancer Ralliart because its the same chassis as the GTS. The Evo X has a slightly different chassis setup then the regular Lancers. A rwd Lancer would be wrong on many levels haha.
Did you mean subframe? From my understanding, the Lancers and Evos have the same chassis.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 02:11 AM

I had this idea as well, which is why I'm here. In short, all those guys saying "just get an evo" who sound like opinionated dumbasses, are right, and here's why:

the final drive ratios between all of the evo chassis and the RA are different, except the 4.529 of the 4/5 and 9.

"ok, what if i just get an x 5mt and ecu and call it a day?"

like i just said, the final drives are different between the RA and the X. on top of that, you'll need the manual harness.

"ok, that's fine, what if i just swap in an an evo 4/5 gearbox and a 4/5/9 rear diff?"

nope, can't do that,. because the 4g gearboxes won't bolt to the 4b, so you can't just swap in 4g stuff on the cheap.

so from this we can see that unless you've got a wrecked evo x, this is nonsense to bother with.
if you'd like to make the gt-s handle better, just lsd the front and whiteline everything. also you can source a programmable abs module or the fiesta st module/brake vectoring system if you want to improve cornering on the platform. the FiST weighs pretty much the same as the gt-s. otherwise, either get a ralliart and have the sst professionally rebuilt or get an evo. /thread

Last edited by seikavx; Nov 30, 2019 at 02:16 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 05:25 PM

There is a update

Hi guys,

I was thinking the same, reading everything here, i talk with a technician of mitsubishi and he tell me it possible, very spendy but possible, he explain me, the ralliart parts are the only one works on the regular lancer, i am trying to find out a evo junk to buy but here on Puerto Rico its very hard to find so the best way it buy the part and build it
Old Mar 16, 2021, 02:31 PM

2021 suggestions for awd

Originally Posted by Johnel Ramos
Hi guys,

I was thinking the same, reading everything here, i talk with a technician of mitsubishi and he tell me it possible, very spendy but possible, he explain me, the ralliart parts are the only one works on the regular lancer, i am trying to find out a evo junk to buy but here on Puerto Rico its very hard to find so the best way it buy the part and build it
I was wondering if this will help but have you guys thinking the lancer SE/SEL is literally almost like base model lancer but without the awc but I was thinking the awc parts can be assemble/bolt on to lancer es or de or gt, please I need to know if this even possible and se/sel wrecked can be cheap, but the only thing that can possibly hard is finding a wrecked se/sel and the labor you have to do., And I know people will say, that they might have the same subframe from ralliart or evo x, that's what I'm also thinking but I'm not really sure about that.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 12:18 AM

wow
Old Apr 1, 2021, 08:26 PM

Looking at ralliart parts isn't the way to go that's going to be expensive to get the way to go, the way to go is find a +08 outlander 2.4 cvt awd at a bone yard I see them quite a bit and have debated doing this on my GTS. I was under one today and looked it over it looks like you can run the stock cvt there is a plate that comes off where the transfer case or what ever it's called bolts up too so you need that the drive shaft, rear end and possibly the rear subframe but looks about the same. The main concern to me is you will need someone who can modify the cvt's tcu or maybe run the tcu from the outlander.