Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

help!!my car dies and wont start!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help!!my car dies and wont start!!

So after having so rotuine work done...exhaust gaksets instaled brakes and new suspension and watsgete rirc done...i was dirving home today and my car just dies.. I was gogin maybe 40 mph in no boost and i hear some ratteling type noise and the car just died and wont start back up....all the accesories turn on and it makes a nosie likt it wants to start but nothing turns over....and anothe weird thing is that this week the remote startes has bene trying to start the car on its own...so i have no clue if tis elctrical or what....any help is deffinately appreciated!!
Old Nov 10, 2006, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

The problem could be electrical causing your ingnition to malfunction. I would get rid of that alarm, especially if your car is tying to turn itself on.

but listen, give us a little bit more details. What exactly do you hear? what does it sound like? does the car chirp as if it wants to start? or it does it do nothing...
Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

it almost sounded liek something ratteling but or ill compare it to the nosie my plastic fender makes when its fluttering in the wind and rubbing the tire..almost liekj a crackily noise...and all the electronics work and evrthing turns on but the engine just doesnt turn over...it justwines when i turn it and the fan goes on....
Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

ohh the agony of spending any more money this week...
Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pull the fuses(main ones on the harness, probably about 20 amps) for the alarm. then check to see if your car starts, then try it w/ the fuses back in the alarm after having them out for at least 5 minutes..
Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

which fuse is for the alarm...or how do i find which one it is?
Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

pull them all...lol
Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

hmm.. could be your starter or alternator. If you manage to get it to start ... leave it turned on and disconnect the battery to test if your ATL is working properly. if your car shuts off, it's bad.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

the damn engine just doenst wnat to turn..i got one lil blur put form ther exhaust before but the engine realy didnt turn over...is there a chance that this dman remote start system is messing theings up...i mena its been workin fine for 3 years...allt he sudden the car starts itself now and finally decied to shut itsefl off and not work....ohh yeah and the alarm still engages and disengages...
Old Nov 10, 2006, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

just talked to the friend who does alarm installs...he said that it very well might be a problem with the alarm...he also mentioned somehting about the thermostat and how the 2 ways are feature dot turn on once the car gets below 0 degreees...anothe rfunny thing is that the cars fan has been gogin on and off like crazy latley which it never used to do...so im hoping its somehitng with the alrm and not someitng the turbo did to the engine...
Old Nov 10, 2006, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I forgot about the cold weather start feature.
I live in hawaii, so I don't think about things like that. sorry
Old Nov 10, 2006, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

anyone else have any input....casue where i stand is that i was dirving and the dman car just died...i got it towed and it does not start and doesnt look liek it is gonna start...anyone think the engine could have sieze dup somehow...? I mean it does make an attempt to start the engine just doesnt turn over and fire...
Old Nov 10, 2006, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

I would defintely have a alarm guru look at it.... I had a little trouble when I first got my alarm setup installed and all my friends were stumped (even an electrician). It took the alarm installer about 15 minutes and he found/fixed the problem..... As for your case, it seems far to probable that the alarm has a problem. Just my .02 I guess
Old Nov 10, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

maybe the fuel pump isnt really pumping...i mean it still has that signature whine to it....ahh i dont know im just hoping it is the alarm...that would be my bets outcome...hopefuly me friend can come by and look at it tomorrow...im pretty confident in his abilites as he has worked on missy elliots cars.,...so if it isnt the alarm then i really have a problem..
Old Nov 11, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

if the fuel pump wasnt working the engine would still turn over, i think u have turning over confused with firing, when u say it doesnt turn over, do u mean you hear nothing moving at all when u turn the switch? or does the engine spin but not start..... (hard to explain)

Quick Reply: help!!my car dies and wont start!!