Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

hesitating and loss of power, already?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2007, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hesitating and loss of power, already?

first off, i would like to say hello to everyone, im new to the site, but not to dsm's. ive had 2 2gnt eclipses before this lancer.

anyways, i dont know if anyone else is having this problem or not, but its a GTS with with cvt and fast key, but like if im stopped, or crusing, and give the car gas, it will hesitate for a second, almost feels like a misfire, then it will go again, but will feel sluggish and have no power, and i have to floor it just to get it to go. it also seems like if i give it a little bit of gas, it isnt doing anything at all? the rpms dont move, or maybe just enough to notice the needle move... perhaps the throttle cable is loose or something?

its only got 400 miles right now, and ive had it for 2 weeks now, and its been doing it for most of the time. i even got into an arguement with my gf over it, she was yelling sayin the car is fine, its brand new, and if i do anything to screw it up, she will never talk to me again, then i let her drive it just because she wants to, and lo and behold, she says the exact same thing, so im not just crazy
Old Jun 4, 2007, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

that sucks ive hit 1500 in mine and it seems faster everytime i drive it. maybee u got bad gas?? ide take it into the dealer.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 08:03 PM

well it doesnt do it everytime i hit the gas, just some/most of the time, and i really hate to try and take it back to the dealer and them tell me nothing is wrong with it and them not even check it out, but they didnt give me my code for my sirius satelite cuz dont you get like 6 months free or something? i cant activate it without that code?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

As far as the sirius goes, just call them up and they will ask for the number of the radio (its located somewhere in the settings, took my dad no longer than 5 minutes on the phone to set it up). If they try to make you pay for it, say there is a 6 months free deal through purchasing the new car.

And i have to agree, mine is sluggish as hell at times too. How did you drive it up to those 400 miles? there are times where i put the pedal to the floor and it doesnt go anywhere, and other times where the thing just takes off (specially going around turns). I cant see this car leaving any skid marks aside from breaking, it just has no go from a stop. That is unless you have a 5spd, then you can launch it. I am taking mine into the dealership sometime within the next 2 weeks due to it turning the engine but not starting. Its done it to me quite a few times so somethings not right, no brand new car should have trouble starting if nothings wrong. Since its there i might just have them check everything and see how it is, ive already got 1100 miles on it, to think ive only had it for 4 weeks now lol :/.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 12:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just sounds to me like driving an auto tranny... maybe I'm just nuts.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 01:27 AM
Evolving Member

seems to me when your in 'auto' mode the car will shift gears at like 2k rpm to save gas. drive to about 30mph then switch to sport mode, it'll prob be in 5th gear.

if you want the car to move faster, try the sport mode with paddle shifters
Old Jun 5, 2007, 04:09 AM
Evolving Member

Even in sport mode for me, makes no difference.... first. gear. sucks. it has no power what so ever.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 05:24 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by DoHBoY
Even in sport mode for me, makes no difference.... first. gear. sucks. it has no power what so ever.
Yes, that's called an auto transmission.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

lol, that is a good point. the engine in this car wasn't made to get up a move. however, when i'm in sport mode i have plenty of power. after 4000 rpm is when the car will move. unless you're just shifting wrong, but i'm pleased with my performance. besides this is a 20,000 car, its not a race car .... yet
Old Jun 5, 2007, 02:31 PM

which makes me wonder how the CVT can do 7.7 seconds from 0-60 exactly the same as a 5 speed
Old Jun 5, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

yeah i wonder the same thing, either someone doesnt know how to drive 5spd or someone is overexagerating the cvt, or found some way to launch it.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 06:30 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I just remembered that I have my Gtech Pro laying around. If the suction cup still works, I'll do some testing in "D" and "manual" modes and see what the 0-60 looks like. Or I'll find a stopwatch and grab a buddy.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 07:02 PM

well yeah the car has power when i use the paddle shifters once the mivec kicks in, but even in that mode, it will still hesitate when i give it gas, stopped or cruising, and there is no throttle response at all, its as if im pushing the gas and nothing happens, rpms dont move first like 2 inches of the gas peddle i swear -lol-

and its just annoying when your tryin to pull out of a parking lot and onto a highway or something, and you give it gas, and the car barely moves, its embarressing and dangerous. ive had 2 eclipses, 1 auto and 1 manual, and i have to say, the auto was faster, and they both had the same mods, which was more than just intake and exhaust, but the auto did have a shift kit and different final drive gears, but it hauled *** and hit redline faster than the manual, but the point is, it had way better throttle response and no hesitation like this lancer does
Old Jun 5, 2007, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

i think the cvt has a mind of its own most my power is around 3500rpm it seems lol maybee if your nice it will lend you some power.

ive never had any lag when i hit the gas it goes quick.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

i also heard that the cvt needs to get 'used' to you? hell i don't know, im not a mechanic

Quick Reply: hesitating and loss of power, already?