Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Volume of the radio

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matthew1976
how to turn off the auto volume things?
Turn the radio on. Let it go to the main screen (dont touch anything). Press and HOLD the tuner knob(the right turnable knob that you adjusts the sound settings with) button for a couple seconds. The menu thing will come up and say "SVC ON". Just turn the knob counterclockwise and it will say "SVC OFF". Press it once more.
That's it.
Note: That's how to do it WITHOUT the nav system, if you have the nav package, youll have to check your manual, I'm not sure if it's different.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 08:00 PM

I listen to the radio at 14-18 anything more seems to be too loud for me. CD's are played at 7... I guess I just have sensitive hearing?

I do have the Nav+Sun Sound+FAST package.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 12:36 PM

i cant hear anything at 14 :P
Old Jul 26, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsugts
i cant hear anything at 14 :P
Do you have the Rockford Fosgate....?

I usually have mine between 22-30 depending on what type of music. I've maxed before with some rap music just to be a dick .

Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nathan0490
Do you have the Rockford Fosgate....?

yep, navi.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jebodiah1699
do you happen to have a pic of what this looks like? i do not really like the stock head unit myself and was wondering what aftermarket would look like. also does anyone know if i am able to use an aftermarket deck with the 6 cd player changer that comes with the sun/sound pkg?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:26 PM

dayamn!! that looks bad ***! is that one big face plate that comes off or is it attached permanently?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MFO Jester
I think you might be deaf because I listen to mine at around 22 and that's loud (to me).
lol same here ive never turned mine past 28-30 and thats when im on the freeway with the windows down
Old Aug 10, 2008, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jebodiah1699
dayamn!! that looks bad ***! is that one big face plate that comes off or is it attached permanently?
The face plate just pops off. You can install any double-din sized headunit into the 08 with the JDM install kit, or Metra kit. The JDM kit is a lot nicer in quality, but you also pay a lot more.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:13 PM

when i use my radio im around 25-30 but when i use my ipod with the hook up from the dealership i have to turn it up to about 35.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

How do you put cds in the 6 cd changer. I put one cd and then i put another one but the first cd is still there?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

If you have the navi, then you don't have the 6cd changer. The navi has that hard drive instead so you can just save the cds onto it.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
volume sound

over a year ago when i was on my first lancer (08 ES) i had this problem.

1) the volume would cut in and out badly (with svc turned off)
2) the fm reception was terrible
3) the volume was very low

I told the mitsu dealer about these problems and they determined it was a bad radio I had my radio replaced 3 times and the FM reception still blows and the volume is a little better. so i added the mitsu aux cable to drive the speakers more and replaced the stock speakers with blaupunkt and added crossovers and tweeters (much better!)

Now here I am on my 09 GTS and I got the RF system hoping it would be better because I dont feel like using the Metra kit and it is better when you drive your sound with an mp3 player in the AUX.

Without mp3 volume is still low at 45 (RF system) and radio reception is still mediocre, if you want to hear the full potential of your speakers or RF system hook up an ipod to your aux at about 95% and control the volume with your head unit.

Also a trick to replacing the stock speakers on your own without having them professionally installed (because you will need adapters/spacers) is to "gut" out your stock speakers (just rip out the paper from the plastic housing) and mount the new speaker into the plastic housing. (you will need some nuts and bolts and a dremel) once this is done the speakers can be put back in using the original housing and if you wire the speakers to the original harness on the housing you dont have to cut your stock speaker harness (this is what I did on my 08 I wish i had pictures because I also installed an amp/sub dynamatted the trunk and installed the crossovers in the door)

Sorry that went off topic I just recommend getting rid of the crappy paper speakers.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Defcon5Es
How do you put cds in the 6 cd changer. I put one cd and then i put another one but the first cd is still there?
Press the "Load" button.
...and read the manual
Old Sep 24, 2008, 05:47 PM

mines cranked at 45 all the time, i wish it went louder, i have the navi... thinkin bout throwin in amp in there for the stock speakers just to give it some extra power

Quick Reply: Volume of the radio