Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

2009 Lancer GTS Subwoofer Help PLEASE!!!!

Old Dec 2, 2008, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Lancer GTS Subwoofer Help PLEASE!!!!

All or any help at all would be greatly appreciated. My subwoofer rattles alot it is only when i hold it down with my hand it doesnt, do you guys think the bolts are loose? or do i have to put something in between to cushing the bolts so it wont rattle? because its not my trunk that rattles or license plate but the whould woofer box thing on the left side of the trunk oh yeah almost forgot its the rockford fosgate system. please help me its starting to annoy me especially since i keep my volume low but the woofer at 6 in punch and i can hear the rattle and my friend who drove by my side told me too. so i was wondering if i should tighten the bolts up. thanks for your time
Old Dec 2, 2008, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I would try to tighten the bolts first. If that doesn't stop the rattle, call the dealership. They should fix it for you no prob.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Why not go to the dealer and ask them to fix it? You are supposed to have free adjustments for the first year.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok thanks guys imma try to bolt them up first then go to the dealer if it continues because thats how it came i dont even know why its rattling at all?maybe a bad install on the woofer? anyways thanks for your help guys
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was told speaker rattles are covered for 3 years although my stupid dealership will not fix my door rattle. I have to do it myself. I got a fake work order printed off at work (I work at heavy truck volvo) that includes labour time to fix it, I will show it to them next time and say that they are a joke for not fixing it and see if they pay labour, I doubt it but worth a try. Take it to the dealer for the rattle, I have a very slight rattle on my sub box but I don't think I can do anything with mine other than taking it out and shoving stuff behind it.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:51 AM

Question

Originally Posted by 09GTSLancer
All or any help at all would be greatly appreciated. My subwoofer rattles alot it is only when i hold it down with my hand it doesnt, do you guys think the bolts are loose? or do i have to put something in between to cushing the bolts so it wont rattle? because its not my trunk that rattles or license plate but the whould woofer box thing on the left side of the trunk oh yeah almost forgot its the rockford fosgate system. please help me its starting to annoy me especially since i keep my volume low but the woofer at 6 in punch and i can hear the rattle and my friend who drove by my side told me too. so i was wondering if i should tighten the bolts up. thanks for your time
I got an 09 Lancer GTS with SS sound package at the end of May and have had the same problem since i bought it. I always thought i was rattling the spoiler or license plate as well and popped my trunk a few weeks ago and it's definetly not either, it's coming from the sub. I'm going to take it to the dealership after the snow stops...

Any ideas on where to get a stock hood?