Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

03 oz rally A/T tranny stuck in neutral?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 oz rally A/T tranny stuck in neutral?

My girlfriend seized her engine due to lack of oil in her car. Just swapped the engine with another 4g94. The engine starts and runs perfectly fine. the only problem is the car will not shift into any gear. It seems to be stuck in neutral, even while it says park inside the car, it still rolls. No matter what gear i shift it into the car just rolls like it is in neutral. Ive never done an automatic tranny before so i have a few questions:

1) is there any type of alignment between the flywheel-torque converter-transmission spline? I didnt see any markings where any of them should be lined up. Is there a particular alignment that the torque conver has to line up with the spline on the tranny and then the flywheel to the torque converter alignment?

2) could the shifter linkage be the problem with it being stuck in neutral? althought if it is stuck in neutral wouldnt the car not start?

If anyone has info or service manuals for the auto transmission please let me know where i can find them thanks.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Factory service manuals can be found in my signature:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...able-here.html
Old Apr 17, 2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by senate6268
Factory service manuals can be found in my signature:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...able-here.html
do the work with mac or do i need too veiw them on a windows computer
Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:24 PM

it was the shifter linkage, had to be adjusted to work properly.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 01:27 AM

Check the shift cable

Originally Posted by rocketfish
My girlfriend seized her engine due to lack of oil in her car. Just swapped the engine with another 4g94. The engine starts and runs perfectly fine. the only problem is the car will not shift into any gear. It seems to be stuck in neutral, even while it says park inside the car, it still rolls. No matter what gear i shift it into the car just rolls like it is in neutral. Ive never done an automatic tranny before so i have a few questions:

1) is there any type of alignment between the flywheel-torque converter-transmission spline? I didnt see any markings where any of them should be lined up. Is there a particular alignment that the torque conver has to line up with the spline on the tranny and then the flywheel to the torque converter alignment?

2) could the shifter linkage be the problem with it being stuck in neutral? althought if it is stuck in neutral wouldnt the car not start?

If anyone has info or service manuals for the auto transmission please let me know where i can find them thanks.
check the shift cable