Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Service Required Light Confusion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it true this is ONLY for the TPMS??? I put 18in GTS wheels on my ES lancer (of course didn't move sensors over) So I filled up my lancer es wheels to 32lbs and threw 2 in the trunk and 2 in the back seat. Light is still on lol.

My light:

http://www.southsidemitsubishi.ca/wh...shi.aspx?lng=2
Old Apr 29, 2014, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, that all that is. Before I started parking mine in the winter I would drive around like that all winter cuz I wasn't reprogramming my sensors everytime I switched them out. If you don't have them reprogrammed it's fine you just have to monitor it oldschool with your eyeballs and a pressure guage.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 05:53 AM

Ahh thank you for the reply! They had regular valve stems in the GTS wheels previously and I even installed valve stems again just out of habit. Put tires on and don't feel like taking them back off for the TPMS.

I have no problems checking tire pressure like anyone else with common sense lol. I just wanted to make sure the CVT trans or something wasn't throwing the light. I'm selling the car, just didn't want to sell a broken car to someone with major problems. I did buy something called EZ sensors that supposedly work with most manufacturers without programming to give to whoever buys the car.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 09:16 PM

same light

Originally Posted by T.g
i have the same problem a service required light pop up 2 weeks ago in the LCD , in the middle of driving and when i stop and turn the car off and start it on again it disappear and yesterday it pop up again i turn of the car and start it, disappear, whit is solution for this issue i'm getting really worried cuz i don't like these light's pop up randomly
!!!!

I got the same light just now while at home and not driving, my wife told me what happened. when the car is in D and then you shift to N if the N doesnt comes on same time this service light comes on. I have reset the service intervals and went for a drive but on reaching home whenever I shift from D to N it the N light comes on instantly and the service required light is gone I am gonna watch it and take IT to the shop tomorrow for a check. I had that light one morning when a rear wheel skid, I just switch off and on again it was gone until now, other than that the car drives fine all the time JUST AT 41000K

Last edited by kxriss; Jan 22, 2015 at 09:22 PM. Reason: spell check
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:50 PM

Unsolved Mystery

Wondering if the random 'Service Required' warning mystery has been solved, as I bought a second hand Lancer about a year ago and the mysterious random warning still occurs. No issues with the ride and no jerking whatsoever, it just appears while driving normally at normal, law abiding speeds. The warning disappears after turning the engine off and doesn't reappear when I restart the engine.

Name:  DSC_0289.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  22.2 KB

Lancer CVT service required warning

Funnily it never appears when I drive hard. Anyone resolved the issue?

Last edited by zailanz; Aug 10, 2015 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Wrong picture showing
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I keep saying, the service required on the dash indicated a transmission fault code. You need to read the code and follow appropriate troubleshooting related to whatever codes it has. Light on or off the transmission will store codes for a certain period of time.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 09:09 PM

My car was under warranty so I could only take it to the authorized mechanics. The problem here in Malaysia is that the authorized service center's SOP is to just clear the error. I had reported the problem during the last 2 routine service, and they said the ATF was never changed, so they changed it at 60000 kms. The warning never came up and I was happy until a few months later at around 66000 kms it started popping up again.

just before the 70000 km service the light came on, together with the 'Check Engine' light:

Check engine warning light

The 'Service required' warning disappears as usual when i restart the car, but the check engine light stayed on for a day!

Of course just as I drive into the service center, all the lights disappear

Now my warranty has just lapsed, so I can bring my car to other mechanics who could possibly know what is going on. Went to one where all the Evo's go, showed him the picture of the warning, but the guy tried to reset the service reminder to not show up instead! . Waiting for the warning to show up and hoping to drive straight to the workshop so they can see the problem, but before that, I'm hoping someone here knows what the error code is, and has actually solved the problem and can share it so I can troubleshoot this better.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 07:14 PM

Just to update, sent my car to have it plugged in and the code below showed:

P1740 LU/SEL Changeover Solenoid

Took the car for a drive and no problems detected. Looked at the website below and followed instructions:

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/lancer...0019900ENG.HTM

STEP 1. M.U.T.-III data list

Item 36: LU/SEL switching solenoid output
Item 37: LU/SEL switching solenoid monitor

The check result is normal, so had to conclude that it was an 'Intermittent malfunction' as stated.

That's as far as I could go at this point, and accept that it is a know 'Intermittent malfunction' which will hopefully not cause any real problems.

If anyone has any solutions to the Intermittent malfunction please post it here
Old Mar 29, 2017, 09:48 PM

Sorry to bring up old threads. I just purchased a 08 GTS (love the car) and this morning I noticed the caution in the display. Has anyone come to a conclusion of what it is? Taking it to the dealer Monday for a oil change and was going to ask about it, just want to know if I should worry. Car drives fine and paddles work flawlessly.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by zailanz
Just to update, sent my car to have it plugged in and the code below showed:

P1740 LU/SEL Changeover Solenoid

Took the car for a drive and no problems detected. Looked at the website below and followed instructions:

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/lancer...0019900ENG.HTM

STEP 1. M.U.T.-III data list

Item 36: LU/SEL switching solenoid output
Item 37: LU/SEL switching solenoid monitor

The check result is normal, so had to conclude that it was an 'Intermittent malfunction' as stated.

That's as far as I could go at this point, and accept that it is a know 'Intermittent malfunction' which will hopefully not cause any real problems.

If anyone has any solutions to the Intermittent malfunction please post it here
Hello, I know this is an old thread but I have the same issue. were you able to resolve the problem? It so what was the solution.

Thanks