Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Noise in sound system

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise in sound system

Ironically not long after I went over 60k miles, I started hearing popping noises in my audio system - it's the Rockford Fosgate Sun and Sound package.

While my car falls under the TSB for "subwoofer noise" - this isn't coming from the subwoofer. It's a popping sound, like the sound if you have it set on auxillary and hit your aux cable while not plugged into a source on something creating a popping sound. It does this regardless of what source is selected, and even with the volume on zero.

This sound is very intermittent, so I know if I take it to a dealer they won't be able to recreate it, and it only happens when the car is first started. Sometimes it's just a few seconds. Sometimes it lasts for almost 10 minutes.

I don't think it falls under the subject of the TSB for my car because it's not the subwoofer doing it - I can hear it moving from speaker to speaker, front, back, mids, tweeters, everything.

Any ideas, anyone?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well nevermind, everyone. Turns out that my audio issues were simply an amplifier starting to go bad. And it finally did. Now I can look forward to replacing the stock equipment with something far, far better - even though I'll admit, despite being an upgrade, it was a good sound system to come from a manufacturer.