Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Car won't start but cranks!! help asap!

Old Nov 29, 2016, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilEvo_8
My Evo wont start, I've replaced my starter I bought from autozone, twice. The engine seems to want to turn over but smell burn from the starter, idk if it doesn't have much power, someone help , any suggestions.
Did the car die when you were driving? Or it just randomly wouldn't start?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help please my car just stopped I've got no spark no injection pulse and no fuel pump I've changed cas with new unit tried 2nd hand ecu timing belt is new camshaft is good thanks everyone
Old Feb 7, 2017, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Did you change the ignition too, or the immobilizer number in the ecu when you swapped it? Did you check all the fuses under the hood? Does it crank at all?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 04:15 PM

Hi yes the car dose crank over it sounds like it wants to start but there maybe something else stopping it from start but I just don't know what it could be any ideas cheers
Old Feb 7, 2017, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have any codes present in the ecu? A bad crank sensor would prevent it from getting fuel or spark
Old Feb 7, 2017, 06:44 PM

It has a new crank angle sensor and there are. O codes showing up on the computer tested all the fuses and there fine new ignition switch but I've check everything I can think of cheers
Old Feb 8, 2017, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails Car won't start but cranks!! help asap!-photo921.jpg  
Old Feb 8, 2017, 07:40 PM

Yeah mate changed that that's the crank angle sensor but it's still not starting it cranks but yeah nothing sounds like it wants to go
Old Feb 8, 2017, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
did it run prior to changing the crank angle sensor? why was the crank angle sensor changed? Did you check you fuel pump is running? it self primes when you turn the ignition on, if you're not getting fuel, then either the fuse is blown, one of two, or both fuel pump relays are bad, or the pump itself is dead, or there's a massive leak somewhere, lol...are you sure you're able to connect to the ECU? If there was an issue with a sensor that's required to run the engine, a DTC would be set. Has it ran since the timing belt was installed? like when did it quit? where you replacing the crank angle sensor, and it won't start after? was it random, it just quit one day for no apparent reason, and you just started replacing parts for no reason? I'm not exactly sure. If the timing belt became contaminated with oil or something, it can fail, etc...

we're drawing straws here, you need to be a little more specific, and it's possible that a timing belt or crank angle sensor could be installed incorrectly...
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:59 PM

The car just cut out while driving we had no fuel pump no injection pulse and no spark I found a faulty cas so I replaced it but still have no spark or injection pulse and the fuel pump does not work at all checked all fuses and relays all test ok put scan tool on it comes up with no codes at all tried 2nd hand ecu still nothing
Old Dec 23, 2017, 02:31 PM

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer won't start

My car won't start after trying to jump it. It sounds like it is cracking but nothing else happens. The dash lights turn on and the cranking sound is all I get. Prior to my car not being able to start, I have not drove/started my car for about 4 days because my brake light was out. I was finally able to replace it and after I replaced the bulb I was unable to start the car. Right before I replaced it, I was able to start my car.

What could it be?
Old May 16, 2020, 04:08 PM

My 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer would not start because I kept starting and immediately stopping the engine a total of four times. On the fifth time the car would crank but the engine did not turn over. It kept doing this even after waiting a couple of hours. I finally decided to recharge the battery, unplug the ECU (two big harnesses with clips behind the battery), and clean both the battery terminals and clamps. After a solid 14 hours of recharging overnight, it worked fine in the morning and the engine started almost immediately after cranking. The lesson here is do not stop and start the engine as it can completely drain the battery.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 02:16 PM

Cranks but no start

Originally Posted by RAC
It's was having weird issues days before.

It would idel form 1- 1 1/2 then cut off at times unless I was moving or pressing the gas to keep it from cutting out. For about a week

Then came from school one night and park it, next morning would not fire up.

Check all fuse possibilities and played with several relays the green ones and play ones, just change the spark plugs like a month ago.

It's been a week can't figure it out.
i have an 08