Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Guys I really need help. Starting and sluggish issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Guys I really need help. Starting and sluggish issues

I went to work this morning and everything was fine. Started fine, ran fine and was just good overall. Had 8 hours of work and went out to my car and everything was fine. started it and drove away with no issues noticed. Drove to the Nissan Dealer to ask a question about a Fairlady Z. When I went back out to the lancer and it went through a few revolutions before starting. thought it was odd cause it never takes that long to start. so turned it off and then tried again. Same thing. Long start. Then I decided to go look for a Mitsubishi Dealer (which doesn't exist anymore apparently in that city). Couldn't find one. Started to drive home and stopped at a gas station to fill up tires. As I left the gas station I noticed an odd sound. sounded like i had suddenly gained a Fart cannon muffler (its stock). I can't go past like 2.5k to 3k RPM without that sound and low power. It went from working perfectly to sounding like it was dying and suddenly my 0-60 time is like 25 seconds. My immediate thought is Fuel Filter. But please let me know what you guys think. I'm terrified that something is like really ****ed.

2008 Lancer ES
117,000 Miles
No Mods.
Spark plugs and Air Filter was changed last year.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 05:32 PM

Sounds fuel related, but can't assume things too quick. I also experienced a similar issue once on my Evo, but it was determined to be my fuel relay which had failed. Evo's are notorious for this issue, not so sure if the lancer is. My .02
Old Jun 11, 2014, 07:00 AM

Thanks for the reply! i'm getting it checked out by a preformance shop later today after work. I'll post what the issues were if they find it.