Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

%&#!@ damn top strut mount... NEED HELP!!!

Old Aug 15, 2002, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely not the strut bar.
Old Aug 17, 2002, 01:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i finally finished putting the springs on. yesterday i just took the two damn things to shop to switch out the springs. bastards put in the springs wrong. since i had the spring compressors still, i just realigned the top mount correctly with the bottom ones. there this hole in the strut and on the top mount that seems like they're supposed to align, but i'm still getting some noise up front. any ideas on how to remedy this?

the back two springs were pretty easy. did one in 2.5 hours and the next in 1.5 hours. the drop is perfect. i love it. it just sucks that the front bumper doesn't clear those parking lot cement blocks that are in each parking spot. i also drove the car along highway 17 from san jose to santa cruz (for those of you who know that route, anyhow) and have got to say that i kinda felt that the car wasn't pushing enough to actually take the potential of the springs.... on the way up. handled beautifully on the way down. tho i wished i had money for new brakes.

besides the clearance issue with the parking lot bricks, i love these springs.

... does anyone know how far to screw in the nuts for the front and back sway bars? i'm kinda figuring they are the cause of all the noise up front since i think i over tightened them. or if anyone else has a remedy... thanks...