Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Radio & Dome Light Issue

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio & Dome Light Issue

Hello, I own a 2003 Lancer Es and my Radio doesn't work at all doesn't even show a display and then my dome light doesn't work when I turn it on sometimes. I though it could of just been a blown fuse well at least for the Radio and when i go to look at the fuses turns out there is no fuses in them for the Radio nor the Dome Light . When I try to put the 10a fuse in correct spot it won't fit or go in at all. I would really appreciate if someone could help me fix this so i can play some snazzy tunes
Old Jan 23, 2019, 05:47 PM

[out of curiousity, did you end up finding the issue? I'm having a very similar set of issues to you.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by lschaefer013
[out of curiousity, did you end up finding the issue? I'm having a very similar set of issues to you.
Same problem here on a 2005 Lancer ES. Anyone who has ideas, I'd love to hear them.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:29 PM

I'll be more specific. I have a parasitic draw on fuse 22, the dome light. I turned the dome light off, and removed the bulb, but no change. I'm having trouble finding any wiring diagrams that show what else is on that circuit.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 08:54 PM

I just bought an 03 OZ and some of the accessories didn't work on the car, which included the Dome light and the Radio. I found that there are two slots, #13 for Radio and #18 for Dome Light in the fuse box inside the car, that didn't have any fuses in them. There's a bump not allowing the fuse to go in, but after carefully removing that bump so that the fuse would fit into the slot, both the dome light and radio started working properly. My clock and the ding sound when you have the key in the ignition came back as well. I hope that helps.