Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Wiring issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring issues

So, I had a remaned automatic transmission put in my vehicle about two weeks ago. Six days out of the shop, I had parked the car and attempted to restart after just a few minute(car was running fine up until that point). fuses for the control unit relay (7.5A) blew and the gearbox locked in park giving me airbag, check gearbox and check engine lights. Took it into the shop that replaced the trans and they told me they had no clue why the fuse blew, and instructed me to replace the fuse in the number 8 slot (control unit relay) if it happened again. Well, it did two days later. This time the fuse in the number 8 slot was still intact but I replaced it with a new one to no avail. Had it towed back in, the trans tech at the shop has "diagnosed" the issue as far as there being something faulty with the wiring for the airbag module that is shorting out the control relay somehow, but still had no clue why. He told me he had disconnected the airbag module and the car has been driving fine the last two days.

I have never had these issues before the car went into their shop for the trans swap.
​​​​​​
Could it be faulty wiring or a bad ground? Or could they have done a faulty repair and caused these issues? They're stumped wasting labor hours trying to figure this out and I'd just like my baby back. Would love if it were a fix I could accomplish myself.