Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Boosted 2003 OZ Rally Throwing CEL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boosted 2003 OZ Rally Throwing CEL

Recently I added a turbo kit to my 2003 OZ Rally with 73XXX miles. I installed a Garrett T25 ball bearing setup with intercooler, running 6 PSI. With this install, the car is decatted, and I am currently not running an additional injector setup, and still running the stock injectors. I also did the timing belt and idler, as well as the water pump since I had the engine out. Well, I got everything installed and got the car running (ish). It is idling around 950, but after getting up to temp and driving it, it starts to surge between 1000 and about 2300. I am also throwing CEL codes P0300 and P0441. for random misfire and EVAP issues respectively. I have changed out the spark plugs, PCV valve, Idle Air Control Valve, the Purge Solenoid Valve, the Vacuum Switching Valve, replaced the EGR, and still having issues. I've narrowed things down with new parts, but looking for some advice. I know I can't be the only one who has had these issues. I'm Active Duty Army, recently stationed on Oahu so it's hard to find a good performance shop out here. Any ideas or advice? I know the members of this group are awesome, so I figured I would come here for some assistance.

Also, any thoughts on an ECU tuner or program for the stock ECU? I know RRM, Haltech, and AEM make some, any experience with those? Most of my performance work has been with supercharged big blocks and RacePack with a custom software build on each one, but I don't own the programs, I had a hookup back home. lol

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

Steve
Old Mar 13, 2019, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Double and triple check that your timing is spot on. All it takes is for a few teeth to be off to throw random misfires at you. Go over and check all your connectors and vacuum lines and make sure they are where they need to go. A tactrix cable and ecuflash is the basic way to go if you feel comfortable tuning yourself. There may be some OG's still lurking around on here that can help you tune. With the lancer section being dry af, try browsing the evo forums for a tactrix cable. You may even find someone who can help you tune. Good luck!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 07:29 PM

Thanks so much for the reply. I had a feeling it might come down to timing being off . I'll check that this weekend when I have time off . Thanks for the info
Old Sep 12, 2020, 11:30 PM

If not timing its your engine Knock