Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Post all RATTLE complaints here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have so many rattles it's impossible to list them all, but the most annoying ones are the center console and the rear deck......With that said I have a custome exhaust and the only original part left is the cat (exhaust guy wouldn't touch that, he had been fine too much). Everything went down hill in the rattle department after that. '02 Lancer ES.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

My front suspension has recently had quite a bit of rattling coming from it, the car seems to bounce a little bit as well when going over bumps. I was told that the bouncing was caused because my front struts are going bad but would that also cause the rattle? They also said not to worry about fixing it for a while. I think I might get it done pretty soon.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Bouncing is from struts most likely. Can you feel rattling in the steering wheel at all? My wife had this on her 05 and it turned out to be loose tie-rod.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

No, I don't feel anything in the steering wheel, just sounds like metal rattling together. I have seen different suspension upgrades but if I do have to replace the struts, is there some type of performance strut to help cornering etc. I think RRM has the RRM RalliSpec- X bar and that is a "strut bar" but I don't know if that is the actually struts or just an addon to them. Thanks a ton

Chris.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iufan4lifeul
No, I don't feel anything in the steering wheel, just sounds like metal rattling together. I have seen different suspension upgrades but if I do have to replace the struts, is there some type of performance strut to help cornering etc. I think RRM has the RRM RalliSpec- X bar and that is a "strut bar" but I don't know if that is the actually struts or just an addon to them. Thanks a ton

Chris.
These are the only better than stock struts you can buy:

KYB Replacement Shock Set- ES 2002-2006

These are direct replacement shocks for the ES Lancer. They bolt right in and offer superior ride and handling as compared to stock OEM. If your car is lowered, these will complete the package at an affordable price. DOES NOT FIT OZ, LS or Ralliart.

Shock Package 4 shocks.

$399

Add Item

No, the strut bar does not come with struts.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:11 AM

I notice that my rear deck was rattling after i upgraded the system. It turns out to be that damn seat belt for the middle passenger in the back under the back dash, but the bolts are tight as can be, any clues as to fixing this?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Okay, when I put my foot on the accelerator just a little to maintain a steady speed, i hear kind of a rattle (i guess) coming from the left wheel/engine side, I also get something similar to this when i'm at a stop light. I think it might be the intake jumping up and down, I just dont know what else it can be, maybe a loose bblt or something. Should I take it to a Mitsu dealer to get it checked out or something? How much would they fix/check it for?
Old Nov 21, 2006, 03:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
most likely the reason why peoples panels rattle is due to the vibration coming from the speakers. especially if you have an aftermarket system.

i have rattle problems in my automatic gear box. does anyone else have this problem?
Old Nov 26, 2006, 02:14 PM

so, this is all about people complaining about rattle, but no one knows how to fix any of them\??
Old Nov 26, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
super glue and/or duct tape
Old Dec 4, 2006, 06:17 AM

here's a rattle that nobody posted about...

'03 evo 8. not sure if it happens in every gear, but when cruising in fifth gear at speeds over 50 mph, if i leave the car in gear and let off the throttle completely and just let it coast down the road in gear (this fact is important), i get a rattling sound that is either coming from the front right wheel area or the transmission tunnel. i can't pinpoint where the sound is coming from while driving, but it is definitely to the front and right of the driver seat. but when i press the clutch all the way in (disengaging it), the sound goes away. so at speeds above 50, foot completely off the throttle, car in 5th gear, i get this rattle. i've spoken to about 5 mechanics already whom have said it is either a throw-out bearing or drivetrain problem, yet the f*cks at the dealership told me that i needed new tires and an alignment, and thats where the problem was. the car is under warranty and i get the feeling the dealership doesn't want to touch my tranny because they won't make any money off of it. the fact that the problem (the rattling noise) STOPS when the clutch is disengaged makes me believe that it has nothing to do with the tires, because it makes no sense that if it was a tire/alignment problem that it would go away when the car was at the same speed but in neutral.

any help as to what this problem could be, please PM me. i've got new tires and an alignment scheduled for my car tomorrow when i get it back from the dealership, and i want to see what i can go back to them with when my tires and alignment are GOOD and the problem is still there.

p.s. - why are dealerships so f*cking shady???
Old Feb 4, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

I too have that damn read deck rattle, and it's absolutely annoying. I thought I read someone had stuck some foam under the mounting points to quiet it down?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

MY car rattles when I start it, I orginally thought it was my calipers because they weren't holding the pads on my brakes properly, but I just had that fixed, and the noise is still there, I have no idea what it could be
Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Hi, I'm new to the site, but I have a rattle but its more like a vibration of the whole car. When I am stopped at a light or stop sign or whatever, the whole car will vibrate somewhat badly. If I put it into neutral, the car stops shaking. This only happens when the car is in drive. Thanks for any help
Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:01 AM

New Rattle

I just got a new rattle in the front passanger side of my car. It is very distinct now that it is getting warmer and i have the windows down. I think it may be with the suspension or brakes, i only hear it when i hit bumps with that side of my car. Any ideas.

Quick Reply: Post all RATTLE complaints here