EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Troubleshooting (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-troubleshooting-60/)
-   -   03 Aem Cai Carb Eo #??? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-troubleshooting/59016-03-aem-cai-carb-eo.html)

createacat1 Jan 13, 2004 02:58 PM

03 Aem Cai Carb Eo #???

On my manual it still says E.O. # Pending for the 03 models... but i heard the aem cai now comes with the sticker on the pipe. What is the E.O. # for the 03?

Guru_Del Jan 13, 2004 03:29 PM

21-434 is the 2002, the number probably wont change but they havent been granted excemption yet.

createacat1 Jan 13, 2004 03:37 PM

I got pulled over last week and the cop gave me a ticket for modified emissons.. I have to goto the state referee to get my car certified and he said my intake was illegal. So since its not excempt Its illegal then? wut am i sposed to do?

Guru_Del Jan 13, 2004 03:39 PM

your frankly your ****ed cause it is technically illegal until AEM gets the exemption.

EDIT: I would still take it to a ref and show them the CARB cert and say the two cars are the same, and hope they believe you cause though they may be the same they arent according the the California Air Resource Board (Different smog requirements).

createacat1 Jan 13, 2004 03:44 PM

well that ****ing sucks i thought it was legal.. haha i wouldnt have put it on unless it was carb approved. so when i goto the ref what should i do? i never even pulled over before and the cop ****ed me bad was out to get me on everything.

Guru_Del Jan 13, 2004 03:46 PM

are you coming the the meet this weekend? If so i will talk to you there, or hit me up on AIM it will be easier.

urbanknight Jan 14, 2004 01:01 AM

You should come, have Troie (Trance) drop by your place on the way down. I wonder if RMR ever got an exemption cert, I would really like to feel safe from any such predicaments.

createacat1 Jan 14, 2004 11:55 PM

Well talked to aem today and it did get approved. the sticker is on the way they faxed me the paperwork for the intake so im good with that.. im just worried that the greddy wont pass sound test but i guess i will just have to see.

Lancer408 Jan 24, 2004 06:08 PM

hey i got a ticket too for the same reason but the problem is that i have a K&N filter with the adapter. Does any body know where i can get CARB sticker or any idea of what i can do

chiensejew Jan 24, 2004 06:12 PM

will they give you a ticket at your actual emission check; I've heard all filters should pass emissions.

Lancer408 Jan 24, 2004 06:35 PM

i got a ticket that saids modify intake but it's a k&n filter. The only thing i need is that CARB sticker form K&N. any ideas where i can get it

HeavensMist Feb 4, 2004 09:34 PM

Do u guys know if the injen rd cai is legal? and do i need a sticker?

Sten Feb 4, 2004 09:42 PM

I'm in the process of getting my sticker. Everyone who has a CAI should call their manufactures and have stickers mailed to them so you can put them on.

I've realized that they DON'T come in the boxes. I'm also hoping carb ex will work in tx where I live since it's mainly a CA thing.. lets hope otherwise it's gonna be back to the old airbox for a few days.. :\

HeavensMist Feb 7, 2004 10:42 AM

So I just call Injen and ask for a sticker? called what? and are they free?

JVlancer Feb 8, 2004 05:58 AM

heavens mist...... do u play aoe.. lol.. sorry way off topic