EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Troubleshooting (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-troubleshooting-60/)
-   -   Siphoning gas out of 03 Lancer ? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-troubleshooting/649081-siphoning-gas-out-03-lancer.html)

MrBRoced Mar 5, 2013 09:31 PM

Siphoning gas out of 03 Lancer ?

Hey I had a pretty nice ride till a few days ago I drove 10 blocks from my house and a idiot cut a left turn in front of me! He had a 2010 F150 so needless to say my car is totaled his is fine but I had just filled my tank up and only drove 10 effing blocks! So I was going to siphon the gas from the Lancer to my new car and I assume it has a anti siphon screen or something does anyone know how to bypass it or get the gas out another way? I have a good siphon just can't get to the gas! Thanks please help ASAP I need to junk the car in 2 days :crap:

Ace King Mar 6, 2013 05:43 AM

im not sure about our cars - but i think circa '02 anti-siphon valves were put into gas tanks to avoid people stealing gas. Not sure you you can get it out if you drop the tank.

btw - are there any parts you're salvaging to sell?

sorry to hear about the car too bro, I know you were planning on some good things for it

MrBRoced Mar 7, 2013 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ace King (Post 10694952)
im not sure about our cars - but i think circa '02 anti-siphon valves were put into gas tanks to avoid people stealing gas. Not sure you you can get it out if you drop the tank.

btw - are there any parts you're salvaging to sell?

sorry to hear about the car too bro, I know you were planning on some good things for it

Yea :crap: I was.. But yea anything in specific you need and I will tell you if I have it..

Ace King Mar 8, 2013 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by MrBRoced (Post 10697825)
Yea :crap: I was.. But yea anything in specific you need and I will tell you if I have it..

what do you have that you would part out? Are you going to keep that Yellow top?

Green_Bandit Mar 8, 2013 06:31 AM

Have either the fan control module, oz floor mats, egr controller?

joseph143 Mar 8, 2013 06:38 AM

You can lift the back seat out. Remove the metal panel on the driver side. Take out the fuel pump and siphon from there...

Ace King Mar 8, 2013 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Green_Bandit (Post 10698597)

Bandit - there was a FS thread in the EVO 1-9 section where everything was $25 or less and i remember him having the Fan control module for sale for 25

I remember bc i suspect mine has been bad for a long time and i was contemplating purchasing it. I dont know if it sold, but just in case the OP doesnt have it, you might have some luck there sir :beer:

Green_Bandit Mar 8, 2013 07:38 AM

The evo fcm is different from ours. It has 2 ports but only one works.

Ace King Mar 8, 2013 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Green_Bandit (Post 10698701)
The evo fcm is different from ours. It has 2 ports but only one works.

oh man that's good to know, thanks for the heads up. I had not the slightest clue

MrBRoced Mar 9, 2013 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by joseph143 (Post 10698613)
You can lift the back seat out. Remove the metal panel on the driver side. Take out the fuel pump and siphon from there...

Thanks I went with the middle port fill meter and I am selling the optima, month old fan controller, etac board (red box) & 6.5" polk audio speakers

optima - 100$ local pickup 130$ shipped
fan controller - 45$ shipped
125$ etac board
25$ polk audio speakers shipped

MrBRoced Mar 9, 2013 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Green_Bandit (Post 10698597)

BTW where's the egr valve located I can probably take it off before I junk the car