EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Troubleshooting (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-troubleshooting-203/)
-   -   Input and output speed sensor location (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-troubleshooting/739013-input-output-speed-sensor-location.html)

Dstorm7 Apr 8, 2017 05:12 AM

Input and output speed sensor location

Hi all,

Does anyone know where the input and output speed sensors are located on a transmission of a 2009 lancer DE?
How do you reach them, do you have to remove a lot of part?

Thx in advance

Dstorm7 Apr 20, 2017 04:06 PM

Never mind, found them and replaced them.
Car accelerates a whole lot better.
input speed sensor was on the frits and decided to replace the both input and output

ChristPuncher Mar 6, 2018 12:19 PM

And?

Well...where were they? :D it would really help me out of a Jam, lol.

Dstorm7 Mar 12, 2018 09:37 AM

I found them as follow:

I removed the battery and the Air Cleaner Body .
If not mistaken the input speed sensor is located on the transmission in the direction of left of the wheel, you will see a connector sticking out and the output speed sensor is almost in the neighborhood of where the Air cleaner body is on the transmission ( you have to feel around for the connector)
I may have said the order of sensor wrong, but if you have the replacement you can compare their shape so you know which is which.

ChristPuncher Mar 12, 2018 10:36 AM

Nifty. You have to replace yours due to hesitation during acceleration? It's the problem I'm having, and the mechanic is stumped.

Dstorm7 Mar 12, 2018 11:01 AM

Yes, my car would sometimes not accelerate, I had to some press the gas pedal few seconds apart for it to accelerate.
I got a quick scan that said my input speed sensor was not working, because my check engine was on, but I don't recall if I had another issue
The mechanic told me that the input sensor had issue, but the out put is working fine.
I decided to replace both them, so I could be done with it.

Now she's accelerating perfectly without issues.

Does your mechanic have a scan tool that can read transmission issue?

ChristPuncher Mar 12, 2018 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dstorm7 (Post 11809134)
Yes, my car would sometimes not accelerate, I had to some press the gas pedal few seconds apart for it to accelerate.
I got a quick scan that said my input speed sensor was not working, because my check engine was on, but I don't recall if I had another issue
The mechanic told me that the input sensor had issue, but the out put is working fine.
I decided to replace both them, so I could be done with it.

Now she's accelerating perfectly without issues.

Does your mechanic have a scan tool that can read transmission issue?

Yes, we both do. Mine just shows an error in module $07e8 and $07e9 which indicates engine and transmission, but my check engine light is not on, so it won't go further Into detail than that. It's my girlfriend's car, a 2009 GTS with the 2.4, and at the beginning of the winter, the tire shop she went to put the wrong sized tires on the front. (her winters are 205/65/16r and they had screwed up and put 205/60's on, but just the front. Pretty sure that's what's causing this mess without the sensors themselves being pooched. Were 3 weeks away from getting our all seasons back on now though, so I guess we will have to wait until then *grabs at hair*. I'm not naming the tire company, because you'll probably see us in the paper soon and I don't want it to seem "pre-meditated" ;) Gf has been t-boned at a yellow due to this.