EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Vendor Classifieds (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-vendor-classifieds-87/)
-   -   ROAD/RACE-CEL Eliminators in stock (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-vendor-classifieds/176383-road-race-cel-eliminators-stock.html)

ROCK Dec 23, 2005 09:41 PM

ROAD/RACE-CEL Eliminators in stock

We finally got CEL eliminators made. Alot of guys ask for them separately. We have them now. Figure $20 shipped. THis is good for all Lancer headers and Ralliart downpipes. Come s with instructions too.

Call to order till I add it to the website.

ROAD/RACE:apimp:

urbanknight Dec 23, 2005 10:57 PM

this is a great service for all those who weren't able to DIY one. Fair price too, you did all the dirty work now all we have to do is hook the sucker up. :thumbup:

akasirlancerlot Dec 24, 2005 12:16 AM

how is the cel fix accomplished?

urbanknight Dec 24, 2005 01:27 AM

Rob or one of the engine gurus might know more details, or even correct me if I'm wrong... but I believe it alters the signal at the second sansor that goes after the cat. The reason is that with a cat installed, the temp after the cat should be different than before it. Since there is no cat, there is no temp change, and the sensor would then think the cat was blown out. So this CEL Eliminator changes the reading on the second sensor to trick it into thinking there is a temp difference, so it won't throw a code telling your computer that the cat is blown out. Some people just ignore the CEL when they install a header, but then they might not know when a true code is being thrown.

ROCK Dec 24, 2005 08:54 AM

Correct Urban. We had a very specific piece machined to shield the second 02 sensor. It shields it in such a way as to modify the signal. It works very well, even better than anti fouler.

grubiaco Dec 24, 2005 10:30 AM

cel

Rob,
I'll pick one up after christmas.

ROCK Dec 24, 2005 02:51 PM

Reopen on Tuesday.

Walkingchaos Dec 24, 2005 03:01 PM

Im in, ASAP i wanna put my new header on :D Ill call tuesday

ambystom01 Dec 24, 2005 03:14 PM

Quick question is this an electrical fix or a mechanical fix?

Walkingchaos Dec 24, 2005 03:24 PM

sounds mechanicle from what hes saying about sheilding . . whatever as long as it works and the guys at RRM will back up there product.

newbiewonkenobe Dec 24, 2005 08:40 PM

correct me if I'm wrong. . . I probably am. But, it also sounds like maybe you wouldn't have as many cel hits if you're running a high flow cat, vs a straight pipe? Or am I just confused?

NB1

drew02ES Dec 24, 2005 08:48 PM

its mechanical i believe, i have one in my hand right now, it just looks like a threaded socket

ambystom01 Dec 24, 2005 08:50 PM

Ok perfect, exactly what I need.

urbanknight Dec 24, 2005 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by newbiewonkenobe
correct me if I'm wrong. . . I probably am. But, it also sounds like maybe you wouldn't have as many cel hits if you're running a high flow cat, vs a straight pipe? Or am I just confused?

NB1

You are correct, but this is a different issue. There are 2 cats on the Lancer, and a header requires the removal of one, which is why this CEL Eliminator is needed.

newbiewonkenobe Dec 25, 2005 06:53 PM

aah. Thanks fer not flamin me. I think I understand now....